Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

College Football Thread

teenbowhunter

Delaware County
As an Auburn fan, these next two months are gonna be extremely fun or extremely painful. Looked great against Miss St this weekend. Games with Florida, LSU, GA and Bama still to come [emoji16]

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
I was just reading about the N.C. game yesterday. Had they not gone for the win with a two point, that game could’ve ended very differently.
Saw a press conference with Mack Brown where he had said that they went for 2 b/c his D Line was shot. If the game were to go into OT, they surely would've lost.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Saw a press conference with Mack Brown where he had said that they went for 2 b/c his D Line was shot. If the game were to go into OT, they surely would've lost.

What a bunch of losers... play hard or go home.
tenor-6.gif

Creamer

Athens

I agree. They had a chance with about a minute to go to basically beat the #1 team in the country. One play. I'd have made the same decision. The longer you play the game against superior competition, the more likely they are to win.

Reactions: bowhunter1023

Creamer

Athens
I'm with Dave. Not sure they will have a leg to stand on this year. They did look good against GA (in the highlights I saw.) I'll take your word Dustin. I know you're watching them closer.

What's the deal with Iowa? They have quietly become a 14th ranked team at 5-0. Not sure where MN is ranked but they are undefeated as well. Have they played anyone? I'm guessing not.

With ND, I think it's another great example of why staying independent and not joining a conference is killing them. They lost a tough game. OK, it's early, go win your conference and use that extra conference championship game to make a statement and maybe you still get in. Instead, they might be out now by default, unless a lot of teams above them really struggle. And I don't know that it's fair because I watched that Georgia game and came away thinking ND was pretty damn good. I just think they are handicapping themselves by staying independent and forcing themselves to go unbeaten to make the playoff.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Several close games. Michigan was close and then pulled away. Wisconsin destroyed MSU. OK and Tex had a fairly close one. Penn St and Iowa should be an interesting one to watch.

Worst kick in the junk for GA had to be the fact an unranked. . .2-3. . .SC was down to their third string QB. Ouch. Wound, meet salt.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Penn State seems to have Iowa under control. Although if anyone is watching, that last TD catch by Iowa was a thing of beauty. Amazing catch.

Iowa impressed me early. PSU seems to have been able to drive down the field pretty good as the game went on. Early on PSU receivers couldn't catch a cold. Their run game took off. Their QB showed some moxy on his runs. McSorely esq. Nate Stanley has taken some licks. I swear he looks like a big, dumb, tight end more than a QB. His stats weren't real impressive either. 24/42 the announcers just said? Yet, still threw 200-300yds.

Penn State and Wisconsin have me worried as a Buckeye fan. They both look very good. Still not sure what to make of AL and Clemson. Bama hasn't played anyone. Clemson has had a scare. TX and OK was close and didn't do much to differentiate them. Going to be interesting as the season winds down. ANY loss by these top 10 teams will shake things up.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Penn State seems to have Iowa under control. Although if anyone is watching, that last TD catch by Iowa was a thing of beauty. Amazing catch.

Iowa impressed me early. PSU seems to have been able to drive down the field pretty good as the game went on. Early on PSU receivers couldn't catch a cold. Their run game took off. Their QB showed some moxy on his runs. McSorely esq. Nate Stanley has taken some licks. I swear he looks like a big, dumb, tight end more than a QB. His stats weren't real impressive either. 24/42 the announcers just said? Yet, still threw 200-300yds.

Penn State and Wisconsin have me worried as a Buckeye fan. They both look very good. Still not sure what to make of AL and Clemson. Bama hasn't played anyone. Clemson has had a scare. TX and OK was close and didn't do much to differentiate them. Going to be interesting as the season winds down. ANY loss by these top 10 teams will shake things up.
Like Georgia?