Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

College Football Thread

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
AFC5D837-015A-4588-A1E3-526E97062F49.jpeg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Missing some lineman/missing Sermon hurts. Davonta Smith is impressive. Buckeyes need pressure if they want a chance. Not making excuses. Just saying it hurts. If Buckeye defense doesn't step up, I don't see us trading punches AND making up a couple scores. We "might" be able to keep trading punches. Not sure about making up the lost ground though. Running the ball entirely too much. Fields has had time most plays. Bama secondary isn't all that great. Short passes work too.

And another thing: I've seen garbage trucks faster than Tuf Borland.

Edit:Najee is also tough. Yards after hit has impressed me.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
This thread is quiet. Thanks Joe. We don't need to hear it. Just being outplayed.

Sorry to tell you man. That wasn't being outplayed, that was getting manhandled on both sides of the ball.

Bama had 12 possession with only 2 punts and 1 fumble. The rest, all scoring drives with only one being a FG. .

OSU also had 12 possession but was forced to 5 punts and 3 turnovers on downs, three TD's with one being a gimmie and a FG.

I dont know where that clemson team went. But I think they got left in Columbus.

Screenshot_20210111-225929_Chrome.jpg

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Would have liked to see the outcome if Sermon would have played the entire game. Would think it would have led to more OSU points. However there was no stopping the Alabama passing attack. Buckeye defense couldn't contain it. Alabama probably still wins the game with Sermon healthy but probably by a closer margin. Congrats to Alabama on another championship.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Congrats to Alabama on the win! They won the LOS all night and Jones had plenty of time to hit his mostly wide open receivers. WTF was our DC thinking? Should have been 2 players spying on him. Day should have opened up his playbook more I mean it was the last game and for all the marbles.🤷🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️😂🤣

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Would have liked to see the outcome if Sermon would have played the entire game. Would think it would have led to more OSU points. However there was no stopping the Alabama passing attack. Buckeye defense couldn't contain it. Alabama probably still wins the game with Sermon healthy but probably by a closer margin. Congrats to Alabama on another championship.

I have no doubt he would have been a factor to deal with, but in reality OSU lost him and Wyatt in game 8 of the season. Could the bucks have made it to the playoffs or beat clemson without them? Things like that is what I mean when I say games matter.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I don't like using the future to justify the past but A&M put up the same performance of 24-52 against a much healthier Bama earlier this season. Makes one wonder is all. A&M didn't get the shot they deserved due to CFP meddling and the end results were no better. We need to stop meddling in playoff games and let the performances on the field set the schedule.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
But it wasn't, it was us. And much like every other team, we didn't have anything for you.

I still stand behind my statement that if the OSU team that played Clemson showed up last night Bama would have had their hands full. Now here comes the fun part. Post game film. I'm going to go back and watch both games again. I want to see what OSU did and didn't do against Clemson and Bama. Did the same team show up and was simply neutralized, or did they just blow it.