Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

College Football Thread

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
That is some serious cliche' cynicism. Please tell me you don't actually believe that? It is also patently false when you are part of team of dedicated people, whether in sports, at work, church, or just within your family. I don't know how people with such a dismal view of the world function. It's hard enough to get through the day when you have hope and positivity. Good grief, just look around this place and tell me nobody is looking out for each other. People here help out people they've never even met!

This place really is different. We make a difference (and you well know I do my part plus in all of that). But my own opinion is do what you want personally. Don't run your life on other peoples opinions, many of them are not worth the breath it took to express it. (And No I Am Not Pointing Fingers Here)

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
Yep. I agree with J and Jackalope. You signed the dotted line to play for four years. You should play for four years. I understand declaring a season early for the NFL....I don't like it, but I understand it. At least they didn't quit on their team before the end of the season. Opting out is a double middle finger to your school, your team, your coaches and the fans.

I think they should be immediately dismissed from the team and told to buy a ticket if they want to go to the bowl.

Tipmoose

Supporting Member
Grove City
This place really is different. We make a difference (and you well know I do my part plus in all of that). But my own opinion is do what you want personally. Don't run your life on other peoples opinions, many of them are not worth the breath it took to express it. (And No I Am Not Pointing Fingers Here)
I look at it as a matter of honoring your commitments and standing by your word.

Reactions: giles and xbowguy

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
If you opt out, no way should you be on the sideline.
As far as playing all 4 years. If your training for any profession and are completely ready and have people willing to pay you millions of dollars to do it, then you should absolutely have the right to do so without risking that future by injury

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I had no clue it was on until this post came up. And I don't care that it's on. I'd bet the ratings will be down a bit. Good ratings in the south. Not me. I'm over football at this point.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I had no clue it was on until this post came up. And I don't care that it's on. I'd bet the ratings will be down a bit. Good ratings in the south. Not me. I'm over football at this point.

thumb-sucking-child.jpg

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
For not having any experienced receivers left on the field Bama ain't doing half bad and keeping it close enough to know that if they had a little more depth in the receiver core Ga would be in big trouble. Great Defense game so far. Can't run the ball against their GA defense who is doing a way better job of not getting gassed like they did the last time. But if you can't run it and theres nobody to throw to that makes for a tall order. We'll find out in a few minutes.

Reactions: finelyshedded