Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Come fly with me ....

That's pretty cool kevin. There are a few guys i work with that fly the dgi mavic's and mavic 2's. My buddy ray took a bunch of cool footage from his mavic 2 when we were in germany visiting castles. I have never flown the spark but the mavic's are really easy to fly just using your phone and the controller.

Last edited:
Reactions: Outdoorsfellar

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I was tempted with the Mavic Air. Anything above the Spark & it's gonna be noisier & all the more $$. I still cannot believe how the remote on the Spark can really reach out. Here's a video from this morning on my first mile ( & then some ....) flight out. I could have gone two miles easily but the schools got in the way. The battery is only good for a good 15 min flight, so that's the draw back. My biggest fear ( & it does happen, is that I'll loose video signal for a second or two at times when I'm way out. I think that's because there might be something blocking the signal, though I'm over 300 ft up at times. I dunno. Fortunately, the drone is smarter than the pilot, & knows what to do. There is a " GPS " mode, which you fly slower & your movement is more more precise. Then there is the " Sport Mode " which you fly at almost 30mph & your movement is jerky. I'm learning. For those who know anything about Longaberger Baskets, you can see the abandoned corporate basket building off in the upper left hand distance. My wife use to work there. I originally thought it would be cool to fly through the handles, but " Kilroy" was already there.

Reactions: 5Cent

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
This has become a hobby within a hobby. You heard of women chasers, storm chasers ....& now cloud chasers.

FB_IMG_1558534295529.jpg

FB_IMG_1558971235919.jpg

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I had one fully charged battery left that I wanted to discharge before leaving tomorrow for the ocean. I was out flying over some trees to measure the height of them this evening, that I want to be able to pass over , using a new drone that's coming when I get back home & I spied this walking out of the woods. My new drone , that I'm super excited over, is because I can program it to fly autonomously anywhere at any height and angle for close to 30 min and hopefully get better views of deer. I'm already in the process of mapping out flight plans for nearby fields , while I'll be able to sit in the drive & wait for it to come back home. Stay tuned !

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Automated flight using new drone... Parrot Bebop 2. I didn't know earlier, but pretty much all the nearby fields are covered in corn this year so this is my go to spot for recon. Make sure your speakers are on, and the video is in 720p.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big H and "J"

Big H

Medina
Awesome stuff! I want to have a drone for both deer scouting and I think it would be cool out on Lake Erie and down in Florida