Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Corn Prices

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Sam, what's it going for around us??? Haven't checked on it yet this year...

Today if you want to buy bulk corn from Witmers it is $5.27, cleaning and bagging are extra. My guess is that bagged corn is around $7.50. Getting pretty spendy to feed critters.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Today if you want to buy bulk corn from Witmers it is $5.27, cleaning and bagging are extra. My guess is that bagged corn is around $7.50. Getting pretty spendy to feed critters.

Is that with the Sam buddy discount :smiley_armscrossed: :smiley_bird:

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.

That was Thursday the 18th, corn is dropping, Witmer's price now is $5.00. Conventional wisdom is that after the first of the year it's going back up.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I'm hoping to get connected with a local farmer in the next week or two. I'm thinking I can get a ton for less than $200. Hopefully this pans out because the deer are killing me this year!!!

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
I'm hoping to get connected with a local farmer in the next week or two. I'm thinking I can get a ton for less than $200. Hopefully this pans out because the deer are killing me this year!!!

One ton is a little less the 36 bushels of shelled corn. If he is just dumping it in your truck or wagon and you give him cash you should be able to get for ~$175.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
One ton is a little less the 36 bushels of shelled corn. If he is just dumping it in your truck or wagon and you give him cash you should be able to get for ~$175.

That's roughly what I was told. I got access to a wagon, so it should work out nicely!!! Glad to know I'm getting a good deal...

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Coons is the correct word usage.

The yotes have been helping a brother this year. I've had some coons in there, but nothing like in the past. We got some huge yotes too. I think the yotes have given up on killing deer because there's so much out there. I never find dead deer, but you find turkeys, coons, and other shit all the time.