Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Covid vaccinations

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Reports that natural immunity not to good against omicron

The devils in the details. I have seen reports that say Omi is about 2.5 times more likely than Delta to evade natural immunity. I always love those types of statements.. Rarely do they actually quantify "2.5 times more likely" means.. So I go looking for actual data and come across things like below that says about 10% of Omi cases are reinfection. One thing we know for sure is the vaccine is shit against Omi infection, and the vaccines mostly produce a statistically insignificant immune response. . The jury is still out on it's effectiveness against severe disease, but logic would dictate that if a person does not produce an immune response then it's highly improbable they will receive a reduction in disease impact. So while Omi is indeed more infections and able to reinfect the naturally immune more so than Delta, it can almost unilaterally infect the vaccinated. Empirical evidence suggests natural immunity still produces a considerably greater protection than vaccination. Now to see how a vaccinated but infected person responds is the question as two is often better than one.

Analyses of antibodies in blood samples have estimated that 60 to 70 percent of people in South Africa had already been exposed to SARS-CoV-2 before Omicron was spotted. Pulliam’s study, which is not yet peer reviewed, scoured the PCR results of 2.5 million South Africans for evidence of reinfection. Her team found that about 10 percent of all infections in November occurred in people who had previously been positively diagnosed with COVID-19 since March 2020.

“This is what one would expect if Omicron is more resistant to neutralizing antibodies,” says Theodora Hatziioannou, a virologist at the Rockefeller University in New York City.

Reactions: Big_Holla

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Well there went my smellovision dreams
1639587326987.png

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Do you natural immunity guys get tested to see if you got the antibodies ? I got the jab and booster ,Pfizer, - never been tested - wtf
No natural immunities that I know of. Not sure if I've had it or not. Although, everyone else in my house had it. No need to test in my eyes. If I am not getting the shot, I'll build natural immunities if I get the virus. Not spending money on antibody test. Take my chances on surviving. If I'm one of the 1% that dies. . . Guess God wanted me to come home.

Do you natural immunity guys get tested to see if you got the antibodies ? I got the jab and booster ,Pfizer, - never been tested - wtf
It's ironic you say that because since my last visit with my doctor I have been wondering why he has only recommended getting the booster but he has yet to say hey let's check to see if you have antibodies. That will be one of our discussions next time I go in for my check-up.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

I did about a year ago, after the first spike in ohio. It was negative at that time. I've thought about recently as I've had cold like illnesses about 4-5 times over the last year. With two kids in preschool they're always dragging something home. Really it would be a $75 bill just to satisfy my curiosity as it wouldn't change anything in my day to day. Its inevetable that I'll eventually get covid or get it again.

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
I did about a year ago, after the first spike in ohio. It was negative at that time. I've thought about recently as I've had cold like illnesses about 4-5 times over the last year. With two kids in preschool they're always dragging something home. Really it would be a $75 bill just to satisfy my curiosity as it wouldn't change anything in my day to day. Its inevetable that I'll eventually get covid or get it again.

Yep with 30+ years in the classroom - i should be immune to about everything - haven't had a cold in years -KOW -dang

Bowkills

Nw oh
I typed this up the other day, but was hesitate afterwards in sharing it because it is rather personal, but since this thread popped up again, I just thought to myself, "what the hell, go for it!".

Please understand that the following is of my own personal thoughts, opinions and experiences so, please DO NOT take anything said as any sort of expert authority or direction on this specific topic matter, thank you!

I know that I have recently said in the other main CV thread that I was done with this topic, which I truly am, but I just wanted to share my most latest observation with you all, which was from last night while sitting at a packed bar with my wife, who does have underlying health conditions, and both of us completely enjoyed being among fellow patrons watching Sunday Night football, striking up casual conversations with strangers, and drinking among many friendlies.

The only person that was wearing anything that possibly resembled a face mask was an old man wearing a pirate eye patch and that was it. Apparently, he must be blind in that eye. Everyone else at the bar was shoulder to shoulder having what seemed to be a real good time, including my wife and I.

Now, to me, I took it all in as a real sense of normalcy once again in my life, being a part of that kind of atmosphere while in a real public setting. It rejuvenated my soul completely and I feel great today because of it!

I WOULD NOT trade last night for any other over the last two years since the government imposed/mandated restrictions onto us supposed free Americans.

Health choices are very personal, which is American thing too, at least, that’s the way it was before 2020 as I recall.

If I were to get sick from this CV thing today, let it be known that I have already prepared myself by acquiring all the necessary items needed that will help assist me in hopefully getting through it without too much difficultly, but if it was to turn out to be for the worst, then so be it. I made that choice a long time ago, at least a year ago.

I DO NOT judge others in my life in what they feel they must do to live freely, and I now only offer my opinions/advice to them if they were to ask first, but here I am sharing with you all once again.

Please understand that I truly care, and I DO NOT believe that anyone needs to listen to what I am saying or sharing. It’s more of a take or leave it thing, and that’s the way it should be taken, I hope.

I love all my family, friends, and pretty much all good people in general. I have gone out of my way throughout my life helping others far more than ever receiving, which makes me feel worthy in my life.

I’ve been very blessed several times over, and I simply refuse to comply in what I am fully aware is being forced, or implied/manipulated by the woke crowd of today’s society, media personalities, and elected government officials, and/or just those that cannot seem to grasp the idea of the American spirit and/or the true tenacity of working through life’s most difficult curveballs.

Let this be understood, I am NOT a documented health educated expert however, I have studied and researched for countless hours regarding this whole CV topic, and it is of my belief today that I am fully informed and truly able to make the choice of how I wish to live out the rest of my days within this world, which I am completely doing without hesitation or regret.

I am a reasonable and responsible person, and I fully accept what actions or inactions that I take within my life. I WILL NOT blame others if I were to become ill with CV, and I will do what I feel is most appropriate TO NOT transmit any illness of mine onto others.

My wife’s sister is currently infected with CV, and got it from her husband, which he is the brewery owner of the place I frequent often in town. He got through the illness just fine. Both are unvaccinated. He’s in his late 30’s and his wife is in her early 40’s and they have a young daughter that HAS NOT contracted the illness as of yet anyways. They test regularly, daily.

My wife and I over the past two weeks have brought them food, medicine and offered up any advice when asked, which they do ask and have accepted. My wife’s sister is feeling much better currently today but, has yet to be totally CV free according to the self-test that she purchased from a local pharmacy.

I can go on sharing more on this topic going all the way back to slightly before the pandemic was officially declared, however I won’t. I have considered a couple of times of documenting all of that I know and have experienced since late 2019, and I still just might do that, as for my own reference at least, and potentially for others as well if interested. I am still weighing out the idea.

Again, I have studied and researched this whole CV and all the political situations from all different angles, and that is why I have moved way beyond today’s media’s coverage and government narratives regarding it all. I DO NOT believe in any of them for a minute and WILL NOT follow any of their recommendations and/or suggestions, however I still listen occasionally and will take whatever information they offer up under some sort of tiny advisement, just like before, during the prepandemic days.

I do apologize for what I just shared of being kind of lengthy. I can honestly say from my heart that it does sadden me to see and hear of all those that have been negatively impacted by the whole situation. I consider most members here to be real good people and always trying to do the right thing, which I fully appreciate. This community is one that I do fully appreciate on several different levels, and I can only hope that my sharing can too be appreciated by some.

Thanks for allowing me to spew out my latest life experience with you all and please don’t feel that you must respond to me, I just simply cared to share, that’s all, not implying anything by it whatsoever other than my own personable health and life choices.

I really do not like discussing these things in an open forum really and I truly do believe that China and several other evil political characters/entities are complete and fully responsible for the CV outbreak, which I hope that each will brought to justice at some point before I depart from this beloved world of ours.

Thanks for reading and do take good care, sincerely!
fuckin a! I was in a packed school gym last night for the school Christmas singing program. The music teacher led the whole gym singing the Lords prayer! This felt amazing! united in one voice. I think people sang a bit louder than normal this season. Ill add to your statement vacced or unvacced dont try to beat it on your own if theres any ? If u should seek medical help go! Ive had two deaths where people waited way to long on medical help....

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Interesting news coming out of Cornell University...

(CNN)Cornell University reported 903 cases of Covid-19 among students between December 7-13, and a "very high percentage" of them are Omicron variant cases in fully vaccinated individuals, according to university officials.
The school's Covid-19 dashboard was updated late Tuesday afternoon, accounting for the jump in case numbers reported.
"Virtually every case of the Omicron variant to date has been found in fully vaccinated students, a portion of whom had also received a booster shot," said Vice President for University Relations Joel Malina in a statement.
As of result, the school has decided to shut down its Ithaca, New York, campus, where it has about 25,600 students. Cornell's overall vaccination rate among students is 97%.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Interesting news coming out of Cornell University...

(CNN)Cornell University reported 903 cases of Covid-19 among students between December 7-13, and a "very high percentage" of them are Omicron variant cases in fully vaccinated individuals, according to university officials.
The school's Covid-19 dashboard was updated late Tuesday afternoon, accounting for the jump in case numbers reported.
"Virtually every case of the Omicron variant to date has been found in fully vaccinated students, a portion of whom had also received a booster shot," said Vice President for University Relations Joel Malina in a statement.
As of result, the school has decided to shut down its Ithaca, New York, campus, where it has about 25,600 students. Cornell's overall vaccination rate among students is 97%.

Interesting indeed.

Reactions: Curran

Geezer II

Bountiful Hunting Grounds Beyond.
portage county oh
It would be einteresting to know. I don’t think we will ever truly know because natural immunity isn’t tracked the way vaccinations are. It’s a natural solution that can’t be pevrofited from so it’s not part of the discussion.
--
Well I wonder if they tracked it ,like they should, they could possibly use antibodies in the natural immunity folks to help develop better vaccines - IDK