Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Curran's 2015 Season

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Thanks Guys. It was a great hunt with those two boys. I've also got some pics from my quick trip to North Dakota I'll get up tomorrow.

Dick, the memories that you helped my Grandpa and I make a few years back are priceless. I remember that day as if it was yesterday. I'm forever thankful you helped us get a hunt together! And yes, it feels like he's with me all the time.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
I had the opportunity to hunt ducks for a few days in North Dakota last week. Tough conditions with warmer than normal temperatures not many migrators down yet. We still managed to kill some birds and have fun in the process...

Scouting for birds. We found them, but they weren't in the mood to fly out and feed.

Setting up in a field that was holding a small number of ducks.

We killed some mallards and a bonus pintail. He was a young bird with not much of a sprig, but they sure are handsome.

The scenery everywhere is just awesome. This was scouting for the next day's hunt.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Another scouting picture.

We found a cut pea field holding mallards. They didn't disappoint to put on a show the next morning. Problem was that they all came at once. We got some shooting and killed several, but it was tough getting anything to decoy after the opening volley.

Still managed some really plump drakes with nice plumage coming in.

Too bad we didn't have a trailer full of snow goose decoys...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Those pictures are outstanding. I am done looking. I don't need another expensive and all consuming hunting hobby. lmao

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Thanks guys. The only problem with the trip was that is was too short. Weather was getting cold right when I left. There were actually flurries as I was boarding the plane. Hopefully that cold weather starts making its way to Ohio too.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
There's not much to the story but I'll write something up over the weekend. For the meantime here are some pictures from today.

Thanks again for all of your help today John!! Dragging deer and mustache rides all in the same day. Life is good!!

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Congrats Sean. Erin said you are a good looking guy. Said you look handsome in the pics. She put a disclaimer on there: Not as good looking as me, but good looking. :smiley_crocodile:

I think she was lying because I started to tear up when she put you on a higher rung on the handsome ladder.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Congrats Sean. Erin said you are a good looking guy. Said you look handsome in the pics. She put a disclaimer on there: Not as good looking as me, but good looking. :smiley_crocodile:

I think she was lying because I started to tear up when she put you on a higher rung on the handsome ladder.

Haha!! Thanks to both of you. You're making me blush. Phil, you're a ruggedly handsome man, much like myself. However, you definitely out kicked your coverage with Erin. Well done my friend!! Cheers!!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Right back at you Sean. You out kicked your coverage as well. You have done well. Good looking kids. Pretty wife. Hard working family. Seemingly a "dream job." I love seeing you cash in your tag today! Happy for you! Looking forward to seeing how Caleb does the rest of the season. I could give two shits about ducks, but I do look forward to the pictures I am sure you will post!