Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Custom turkey strikers

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Three birds killed today with Sasquatch calls! My buddy Corey (who I hunted with on Monday) killed one this morning with his canarywood green slate and snakewood striker, Joe killed one with his TOO call, and Flutie called one in for his dad with the curly maple slate. Giggidy giggidy 🦃🦃🦃🦃

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Here's how I'm rolling tomorrow. On the left is a Sasquatch "Throwaway Special" walnut pot. Chad "messed" it up since it was pot #6, but I just see it as a learning piece and one of the finest pots I've ever called on. Its "tight and tidy", but will absolutely scream with the snakewood striker. The glass is a Zebrawood that's raspy as a 5 reed diaphragm. The 2-piece striker is rosewood and black locust. Its the soft talker of the two. The snakewood striker is a loud mouthed SOB. This is a deadly couple of combos right here. Makes a mediocre caller sound like a champ.

Keep it up brother. You're doing great things!

20180427_192039.jpg

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Three birds killed today with Sasquatch calls! My buddy Corey (who I hunted with on Monday) killed one this morning with his canarywood green slate and snakewood striker, Joe killed one with his TOO call, and Flutie called one in for his dad with the curly maple slate. Giggidy giggidy 🦃🦃🦃🦃

Should have been 4 Brother... Felt like an Amateur feeding him with lead while he wouldn't break strut....

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Here's how I'm rolling tomorrow. On the left is a Sasquatch "Throwaway Special" walnut pot. Chad "messed" it up since it was pot #6, but I just see it as a learning piece and one of the finest pots I've ever called on. Its "tight and tidy", but will absolutely scream with the snakewood striker. The glass is a Zebrawood that's raspy as a 5 reed diaphragm. The 2-piece striker is rosewood and black locust. Its the soft talker of the two. The snakewood striker is a loud mouthed SOB. This is a deadly couple of combos right here. Makes a mediocre caller sound like a champ.

Keep it up brother. You're doing great things!

View attachment 60767
Good luck

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Had I had more time this week, it'd have been at least one more! Hell, had 2 in full strut less than 100 yards from this house this AM, just no time to do anything about it! I do know that the slate and 2-piece rosewood/black locust striker is my preferred combo after a couple of days of giving all the combos a throughout testing!

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Had I had more time this week, it'd have been at least one more! Hell, had 2 in full strut less than 100 yards from this house this AM, just no time to do anything about it! I do know that the slate and 2-piece rosewood/black locust striker is my preferred combo after a couple of days of giving all the combos a throughout testing!
You mean the purple heart with the ebony top?