Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Custom turkey strikers

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County

Macassar ebony, CA finish

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Nah, holes look nice and aligned to the direction of the grain. That salted is a good looking piece of wood for sure.

Christmas in June

I got a package from tusky river today. I am very happy it is a double call and both sides have their own distinct sound. The slate makes a very low key yelp and purrs so softly it is amazing.
The glass side is crisp and snappy, really cuts great.
The stricker is a piece of art and is my first flair tip

Thanks Chad
I will be driving the dogs crazy today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yeah, sound has nothing to do with it[emoji23]

I wouldn't pretend to know about that buddy. But my eye does catch symmetry.

For example, this call someone made. Notice how the turkey foot and holes aren't in alignment. It wouldn't have been that hard or changed the sound for him to turn his hole jig a bit to make them line up symmetrical.
il_570xN.1214054881_j8aa.jpg

Then here are some other calls that guys made that do line up beautifully. You can tell they made sure the sound holes and wording complemented the calls wood beauty and didn't detract from it. Except for the first goobers signature. Lol.

turkey-call-laminate-custom-slate-call-talker-calls.jpeg
dc2229a0510ae0c64bda39301501f12e.jpg

P1010055.JPG
Crystal Mistress(2).JPG
zebra_slate.jpg

Our eyes naturally notice differences and are drawn to either one or the other instead of seeing harmony. This is why we notice people with unusually big ears, a big nose, or if one eye is smaller of offset from the other. The vast majority of models that you see naturally have very symmetrical faces on the left and right side. Actors and such. One theory is they all pretty much have symmetrical faces and features so our eyes see their face as a whole instead of focusing on a single off feature.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Someday I'll be as good as David hollaran and whoever else made the other calls, right now sound is my main objective, as well as most of the people that buy calls.