Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Deer feeder part deaux...which one?

Matt

Norton, OH
I made one out of a 55 gallon plastic barrel and a few scrap pieces of lumber, then bought a directional moultrie feeder. I think all told I paid $40.

This is it in the background:

Diablo54

Outside
If u want cheap get a 55gal and 3 4x4s make 3 legs. Then cut a hole in the bottom of the feeder about the size of a quarter. Put a chain through the hole the deer will nudge the chain and corn will come out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Take some 4" PVC pipe say about 4-5' long and do a gravity feeder. Just take some air duct zip ties and attach it to a small diameter tree. Just make sure to cap the top end (make sure not to glue that cap on :D. ) The bottom end just make a 45 degree angle cut. Take a 5 gallon bucket lid and make a plate for the food to pile onto at the bottom of the pipe.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Take some 4" PVC pipe say about 4-5' long and do a gravity feeder. Just take some air duct zip ties and attach it to a small diameter tree. Just make sure to cap the top end (make sure not to glue that cap on :D. ) The bottom end just make a 45 degree angle cut. Take a 5 gallon bucket lid and make a plate for the food to pile onto at the bottom of the pipe.

Like this.. :)

I put a plastic coffee can on the top of the pipe and then wrap the can in the bag the corn came in.

Feeder.JPG