Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Diablo 2011 Trail cam thread

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
That buck noticed the loud as hell clunk that my truth cam makes when it snaps a picture.

Shudder clunk on some cameras. On other cameras, even if they are IR, there is still a bit of a red light. Not sure if they see it, or hear it as it heats up? Heats up might not be the right wording, but there is an action. Newton's Law. If that camera is taking a picture, there is some sort of mechanisms working whether it be the energy from the batteries, the noise or something, the deer KNOW there is a camera there many times. Not always, but many times they DO know.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
I know all my truth cameras make a clunk noise when the shutter closes. I am not sure if it spooks them or not though. I guess like anything else if they are around it enough and it doesn't cause harm they get used to it after a while.

Diablo54

Outside
This weeks pics. another nice 8.

Small 8

Diablo54

Outside
Moundhill and I had those yotes at 80 yards tonight. Pretty awesome footage we got. Im ready for deer season! And to try out this new Spypoint cam!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Moundhill and I had those yotes at 80 yards tonight. Pretty awesome footage we got. Im ready for deer season! And to try out this new Spypoint cam!

Two things that will be in my truck nightly from now on, the rifle and the camera. At 80yds I would have taken a shot with the 17hmr. Not my first choice in caliber for a yote, but I would have at least made that yote suffer. They are getting worse every year.