Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Doggone good dog thread

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
IMG_6470.jpeg

Bristol Bunny Killer (aka BBK) has been chewing that ball, which in turn squeaks. This rabbit came flying in like it’s tail was on fire too rescue whatever it thought the sound was.
It soon realized whoops!!!! But did come back an hour later doing the same….. No wonder they’re at the bottom of the food chain 😂😂😂

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Watching the wife's brother and sister in law's dog for them. She gets wigged out easily on storms and such. They use doggie CBD. Daughter gave her some as the storms were approaching. Storm broke up (thankfully) and we didn't get anything. . . Miss Rosie on the other hand. . . She got high. 🤣
PXL_20230625_231124566.jpg
PXL_20230625_231053767.jpg

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Reactions: Big_Holla

P8riot

Carbon, In
Ugh, the morning after bringing the pup home we found fleas on him. We checked him when we brought him home, but he has puppy fur so its hard to see to his skin. My wife lost her shit and has been cleaning and vacuuming like a mad woman. Whatever it takes to get the house clean! 😆 2 baths for the pup, everything in that room removed. She is reading on the interwebs about how 1 female can lay 250,000 eggs and an infestation can last for months. I like that she is being cautious, but she has become obsessed. Better safe than sorry I suppose.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I have a terrible story to tell. We have very good neighbors who we each look after each other's dogs when it's vacation time. A few weeks ago, they took off for a week, so my wife goes over everyday & let's them out in their fenced in yard. They have an old mix breed lab & a Yorkie poo. The neighbors on the other side of our neighbor's have 4 Huskies that are contained inside an electric fence. Those dogs are a damn nuisance. When they start barking, it sounds like a pack of coyotes. To boot, those neighbors are idiots. Anyway, on one day, the wife left the dogs out, I was to go over in a few hrs & let them back in. When I went over, I could not find that little dog. Wife came over & we searched. I started to drive around & it just happened to be that one of the idiot neighbors daughter was in the drive & I stopped to ask if they had seen it. I had to explain what the dog looked like, which was odd, since they see it in the fenced in yard. She went & got her mom, who works at the high school with my neighbor as it is. I had to explain everything again & I felt she was playing dumb ( which she is ). She seemed not to know what dog I was talking about. Sooo, we continued to search the area & got others involved. As we were getting back
to the house, my neighbor , the dog's owner, called my wife asking what did we do to her dog. Apparently, the stupid neighbor cunt that told me she didn't see it, called my neighbor & told her they found the dog near dead in their ditch & tried taking it to Columbus ! Fuckingbitch lied to me & I was livid. I drove back to their house & pounded on their door,but they never answered. Everyone was crying & I was steaming hot. THEN, when my neighbors came home a few days later, the cunt's husband marched her & their daughter over to my neighbor's & revealed the real truth. .... the little dog did escape thru a gap in the fence gate & the huskies attacked & killed it ! I was so mad. Nobody would call animal control, or even the sheriff. Since we live in a somewhat small community, we got the word out on what fucking liers these people are, which gave us some sort of consultation. So here we are, on vacation & our dog is with our neighbors.....that dog was dead & they had it all along in the garage when I had stopped. They kept changing their lies.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well Bristol had another encounter with a skunk last night. Let her out around 2130 to do her business, she bolted to the front yard and grabbed it, shook it like a rag doll and tossed it in the air, then decided it wasn’t quite the experience she thought should of been and decided too do it again……
Didn’t take a direct hit like last time, but she got some overspray….. So there we are scrubbing her down last night, she doesn’t smell too bad but once you smell it, it sticks with you and you’re always thinking you’re smelling it…..
Shes heading to the vet to get a skunk wash, they did it the last time and it was worth every penny…. She has a small gash on her nose that the little fugger left, looks more like a claw mark. It’ll be her latest war wound from a mauled critter… Squirrel got her the last time…..
After I drop her off I’m going out to the island where she tossed it into to see if the little bastard is still in there….. Damn dogs!!!!! 🤬🤬🤬

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Got something wrong with Bailey this AM, so I'm curious what the thoughts from this group might be. Went to let her out of the kennel and she came out acting super stiff. Tail tucked, walking like legs/hips hurt which is unusual and not noticed last night. Half acts like she wants to puke. Watched her poop and all looks fine, but rear legs are super shaky. Tried checking for injury but nothing jumps out. Tracie wonders if she didn't eat something that's causing numerological symptoms.

FWIW, we don't have an emergency vet anywhere in a two hour radius and because she hasn't been to a vet in over a year, I may have issues getting her into one. This whole area is embroiled in some major controversy over veterinarian practices at the moment and it's been escalated to the legislature (several dogs die in recent month due to a refusal to treat by local vets).

Any thoughts on sudden onset symptoms like this? She's in the kennel resting and we'll see how the day goes. If there's no sign of improvement tomorrow, I'll have to see if someone will treat her.