Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Doggone good dog thread

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Went and hung out with my buddy last week so we could talk dog breeding over some beers. We've known each other since we were 7 and we've done a lot of different things together, but getting our dogs together for pups is a new one. I wanted to see his kennel and get details on food, supplements, etc. for his male Ben, but there was no need to check Ben out cause I was sold on him before Lulu even came along!

My buddy drove to Iowa for this dog. He's of "regal" English lines, with a superior hunt instinct. Lulu is very intelligent and obedient, so these two should make excellent babies. One and done for her assuming everything goes well. I get pick of males and he might take #2. Total sales minus total costs, 50/50 split on proceeds. Not a bad deal if you can get it!

F3E5AA7C-.jpg

DF97C5C3-.jpg

IMG_20171230_203700_234.jpg

Buckmaster

Portage
Matchmaker.

In the back of my mind I wouldn't mind allowing my dachshund to breed another blood sniffing dachshund of quality genes and background....maybe someday.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Been a sad day for me. Moonshine is at the hospital TOO stay over the night. They will be doing a surgery on him tomorrow morning. He had a cut above his right eye. I came home from work and see something red above his right eye. As I got closer, i was like oh shit, son....we gotta go. No time to play.... we gotta go. Drove TOO the vet quickly. I'm sure somebody thought there was a pregnant woman in my truck. Anyway, I get there and I'm like "Help him, he's hurt" . So they take him in and was like we are closing up and that moonshine can stay the night and will perform surgery on him in the morning. Fuck! I'm not allow TOO stay there. I feel bad that I cant do anything else but TOO wait. I had just bought him pig ears for him TOO eat but gotta wait until tomorrow . When i got home I looked around in the house to see if I could find blood anywhere....nope...didn't see any. So I have no idea what happened. I gotta call back around 11 am tomorrow TOO see what's going on...hopefully can bring him home
20180816_173041.jpg
20180816_173022.jpg
20180816_173022.jpg

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
Based on your pics, the vet should be able to patch him up just fine. Sorry to see him in a little rough shape at the moment, but I'm sure he'll recover nicely. May have to wear a cone collar until the stitches come out, which may be approximately 7 -10 days.

Good luck and hang tight! Poor guy...

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
yep, like the rest, I think Moonshine will be just fine after he gets patched up. best wishes. how that happened would be bothering me quite a lot, though.

Maybe check around the outside perimeter of the house too make sure nothing is disturbed....

Reactions: MoonLab

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Yeah It bothered me alot...I've drank a beer after another and another and another and walked back and fourth all over the living room like what in the hell happen. I couldn't find single drop of blood anywhere. Never had any problem in 5 years and all of suddenly this happened.