Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Doggone good dog thread

Isaacorps

Columbus
Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce you to Bristol. She’s our newest member toonthe household.

So far she’s adapting well, except for the wife’s little male who hates her and let’s her know every chance his grumpy ass can 😂😂😂

View attachment 65915View attachment 65916View attachment 65917
She’s 4 1/2 months old and pretty laid back unless Gunners being an asshole 😂😂😂
Sooner or later he’ll realize he’s outgunned 😂
She’s a beaut, Clark!

Reactions: "J"

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Looks like Gunner has simmered down some and isn’t as bad as he initially was.... Problem now, Bristol is the aggressor.... Had too pin her toonthe ground to stop the last one... Only does it when I’m around. If I’m gone she could care less...
Growing pains....
Other than this she’s been coming along fine 😂😂😂

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Well, coming up too a month that we’ve had Bristol. Her and Gunner are, let’s say very tolerable of each other at this point. Probably because of the rath of “J” that’s come their way when they start acting up. They’ll actually chase each other out in the yard and Bristol gets quite submissive when Gunner gets a case of the ass with her out there. It’s a work in progress and we’ll leave it at that . 😂

Bristol has all the commands down really well, except for the crate command. She truly isn’t a fan of that one and I have to help her along to get into it. Once she knows there’s no turning back, she’ll go right in but if there’s an ounce of daylight she’ll break for it 😂

She’s a very laid back pup for being 5 months old, surprisingly so. Everyone who’s seen her in the House has made that comment. We go for a 3 mile walk every morning and do some training in the back yard in the evening so she’s got her energy release. The only time she didn’t is while I was attending Stroud’s and you could tell she was about too bust a seam when she saw me 😂

All in all I’m pretty happy with her progress. Took her too a local farm and put the ecollar on her and let her go and she never strayed more than 30 yards the whole time we were there and didn’t have to do any stimulation at all. That day I had my doubts that she’d stay that close, but was pleasantly surprised when she did.

The only thing in the house is, she gets all the toys out of the basket and for some reason, won’t put them back. Kind of reminds me of my kids 😂

Absolutely LOVE this dog! I've been trying to get home a little earlier each day for a while now to take him for a little walk. A bit slower than he used to be and takes plenty of breaks but he soaks it all in while he's out there.

RUSTY-3.jpg

RUSTY-2.jpg

RUSTY-1.jpg

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Pearl and I went on our first hunt of the year. Didn’t get off work till 7am and hit the marsh and set up around 8:30. Wind was blowing close to 15 and more w overcast and light rain.

Two mergansers came in and it was looking like the only thing gonna happen. So me and a buddy dropped both and pearl did a double retrieve.

Two hours later, 4 gadwalls cup in and we dropped 3. Pearl got the first one, sent her back after a wounded one, but had some issues. Recalled her and sent her for the other dead one. Sent her back for the wounded bird that now swam over 100 yards and went into the marsh. She went across and climbed in the grass, couldn’t see her so I didn’t know if she was on the hunt or still going “back”. Grabbed the pirogue and started across the pond when my buddy yelled he could see her and looked like she had something white. I stayed where I was and she hit the pond w the live duck. She did great so I let her climb in the boat and paddled back to the blind.
56381498954__81B0BE8A-D0A5-4728-B744-647CB7E2813D.JPG

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
For some dame reason this forum won’t let me post damn pics. Need help from a mod.
IMG_1521.jpg

But I could post that dumb fucking pic. Go figure