Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Doggone good dog thread

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Thanks all. 35 years on this planet. Lost all 4 grandparents by 2003. Never felt this numb and empty. Like I told Tracie, I'll likely never spend more time with a dog than I did with him. It was somewhat fitting he died in the truck considering he's spent over 300K miles on the road with me.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Sorry to hear about losing Remi, Jesse. A good dog is a must have in life and it sucks that they don't live as long as we do. They are loyal as hell til the end. Rest assured he's retrieving ducks right now, and has probably already mounted a show dog or two, which I assume would be like a super model to a dog. RIP Remi

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Sorry for you and your family. April 26th we will have been without Cindy for a year and I still get tore up looking at her pictures.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
It really says something, how folks can feel worse after losing a good dog than losing a relative or (human) friend. It's truly a testament to the bond we share to these critters. Their unconditional love and loyalty is unmatched, which is why it's so devastating to lose them.

So very sorry to hear it, Jesse. He was a great dog.

Buckmaster

Portage
My condolences Jesse.

A dog is the most friendly and loyal critter on Earth.

We are blessed to have them in our lives.

I can remember all 47 years of beagles in my lifetime.

Now I have a 3 year old weiner doggie simply because my daughter wanted one. Aside from Mommy....he's the center of our family. Strange how things work.

Reactions: giles

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
“A dog is part of your life, to your dog, you are their life.”
3AB701A9-B3CE-4167-9249-AF621AA46971.jpeg

Buckmaster

Portage
The last beagle we owned the vet had to put him down. My wife took him there as I was out of town traveling.

In the end, my wife left with a paw print on a ceramic plate to hang on the wall (kind like the kid one's we all made in Kindergarten of our handprints).

It was a nice gesture on a tough day.

Reactions: Sgt Fury