Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Doggone good dog thread

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yeah It bothered me alot...I've drank a beer after another and another and another and walked back and fourth all over the living room like what in the hell happen. I couldn't find single drop of blood anywhere. Never had any problem in 5 years and all of suddenly this happened.

Use a bright white light. Like a LED flashlight and look at everything sharp or pointy. You'd be amazed at what you can see even in a well lot room using a flashlight.

Reactions: MoonLab

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Got good news... moonshine is okay. 6 stitches I'm surprised. His visions are good. It hit above his right eye so he got lucky. I'll get to pick him up at 4. He has to wear ecollar for 14 days. He ain't gonna be happy with that, lol.

MoonLab

Supporting Member
Tooville
Resting
20180817_204757.jpg

MoonLab

Supporting Member
Tooville
It's been a little frustrating with the cone on. Soon as I take it off he wants to put it paw over his eye and he does it quickly...I'm like shit. No! Can't be doing that, son. I understand the stitches sucks but I'm helping him out TOO not fugg with it...he'll thank me later when it heals up and we can throw away the cone in garbage so he can go back TOO wrestle with me again

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
It's been a little frustrating with the cone on. Soon as I take it off he wants to put it paw over his eye and he does it quickly...I'm like shit. No! Can't be doing that, son. I understand the stitches sucks but I'm helping him out TOO not fugg with it...he'll thank me later when it heals up and we can throw away the cone in garbage so he can go back TOO wrestle with me again
He'll heal up quick, BC. Maybe go buy him a big doggy cookie. Do they have PBS stores in your area?

MoonLab

Supporting Member
Tooville
hadn't update about moonshine lately. last Thursday I get home TOO let moonshine out. We walked not even a mile, he decided TOO take a shit at this spot he wanted TOO shit on. After he got done shitting, he turned and looked at me and stitches was busted open. I'm like "Fuck". he only had 10 more days before he can get rid of the cone. I had TOO hurry back TOO the vet and talked TOO the doctor. Again I had TOO leave him there over the night. Last Friday they had to stiche him up. They told me to bring his old prescription in and they will give me new ones.

The bill was $169. I'm like "what the fuck!" I cussed them out and asked why charging me....not not fault. She said blah blah blah (violin playing) I dont wanna hear that bullshit. charging me for tranquilizer for putting him TOO sleep TOO stich him up. $95 for that. i told her that doctor explained TOO me that they are gonna do primary healing. said that it happens when it does that when it heals it will pop open. Then he said he is gonna stiche it up and seal the wound TOO keep it from popping open again. I'm like why didnt you do that the first time. The lady got an attitude and was like "He did!" yeah my ass....I said next time that happens, the money ain't coming out of my ass. I dont care about the money for my dog. It's just do it right. he's my boy. He shouldn't have TOO feel miserable dealing with that shit.

this picture is when the stitches bust open
20180823_164741.jpg

this is 2nd time he got stiched up
20180824_161031.jpg

poor kid has TOO do all over again. Now nine more days .

MoonLab

Supporting Member
Tooville
see the difference first time he got stiched up and 2nd time

first time
20180817_161216.jpg

2nd time
20180824_161033.jpg

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
He'll be alright Chad. If they are rough and tumble. . .they are going to have some cuts. My Hank goes like crazy but is a bit clumsy. I've watched him run into doors and stuff. You ever find what Moonshine cut himself on?

Your wallet? I don't know. Hope it survives. Guess I'm no different with my dogs. Hate to spend the money, but want them healthy.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
He'll be good to go, BC. Seems like some of us are down in the dumps with our pups, myself included. A couple weeks ago Morgan started itching her face really bad. We took her to the vet and they diagnosed her with an auto immune disease that causes muscle wasting. Vet thinks we caught it early enough and that it didn't spread from her face, that's where it starts I guess. There's a noticeable muscle loss in her face and she's now on two different pills for 6 months. Hopefully the pills do their job.

MoonLab

Supporting Member
Tooville
He'll be alright Chad. If they are rough and tumble. . .they are going to have some cuts. My Hank goes like crazy but is a bit clumsy. I've watched him run into doors and stuff. You ever find what Moonshine cut himself on?

Your wallet? I don't know. Hope it survives. Guess I'm no different with my dogs. Hate to spend the money, but want them healthy.
no I dont know where he bust his head at.... could be the rail in hall way, corner or table who knows.

MoonLab

Supporting Member
Tooville
He'll be good to go, BC. Seems like some of us are down in the dumps with our pups, myself included. A couple weeks ago Morgan started itching her face really bad. We took her to the vet and they diagnosed her with an auto immune disease that causes muscle wasting. Vet thinks we caught it early enough and that it didn't spread from her face, that's where it starts I guess. There's a noticeable muscle loss in her face and she's now on two different pills for 6 months. Hopefully the pills do their job.
thanks, hope goes same for you.

Reactions: Bigslam51

MoonLab

Supporting Member
Tooville
thanks. this is the first time it's happened. dustin and his wife goes there and I go there. never any issues. two of the women working at front desk are really good friends with my aunt. one of them lives right across the street from her.

Reactions: Sgt Fury