Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Doggone good dog thread

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
We had a ultra sound scheduled for Monday but our dog threw up last night and didn’t want food this morning. My wife took her to emergency vet and they did the ultrasound this afternoon. She has a big tumor on her spleen. They are going to operate tonight and she will stay for a day for recovery. They won’t know if it’s cancer until the biopsy which will take a few days. I really hope it’s not cancer...I did some investigating and about 2/3 of the time it’s cancer, 1/3 of the time it’s not...if it not, she can expect to live a normal life...if it is, the average life expectancy is 3-4 months. She’s only 5 years old. I really need something to go my way...please don’t be cancer.
My German shepherd had the same thing. Tumor on the spleen. Last year. He's been fine ever since.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
She just got out of surgery. They removed the mass. It was attached to her bowel and pancreas, but didn’t invade them...doctor had to remove a small part of pancreas and said it was very close to major arteries. He said it was tricky but managed to get it all out. X-rays were negative for any masses in her chest cavity, so that is good. They are keeping her until at least Saturday, they want to make sure she doesn’t have any blood clots and want to make sure she gets her appetite back. He’s going to call tomorrow morning with an update, but said it went well. I love this dog...she follows me everywhere. I hope she makes it through this.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Hoping for the best outcome possible Sarge.

Wife had a pillow made for our daughter at graduation. I forgot about it but saw it again today. Hope it helps her while she's at college.
PXL_20210121_221934323.jpg

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Talked to the vet tonight...first thing he said was “I absolutely love your dog...she is the sweetest, most friendly dog that I’ve ever met”. She wagged her tail and gave him the lovey-dovey face when he went to check up on her. He said she did eat some food and went to the bathroom. They are going to call tomorrow morning to let us know if it’s ok to bring her home...right now they are just worried about blood clots. Hopefully we get some good news in the coming days about the biopsy. A couple times a day I’ll go to call her name or look for her before realizing that she’s still at the vet recovering. She can’t jump on the furniture or beds for two weeks so we spent today sectioning off areas so that she will just lay in one of her beds on the floor. If I’m on the couch, I’ve got to remember to put something on the couch in my place if I go to the kitchen or bathroom, because I know she’ll jump up there as soon as I leave. She loves being on the couch with me.....
0BA40234-C548-4232-8176-A2E39019CF20.jpeg

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Talked to the vet tonight...first thing he said was “I absolutely love your dog...she is the sweetest, most friendly dog that I’ve ever met”. She wagged her tail and gave him the lovey-dovey face when he went to check up on her. He said she did eat some food and went to the bathroom. They are going to call tomorrow morning to let us know if it’s ok to bring her home...right now they are just worried about blood clots. Hopefully we get some good news in the coming days about the biopsy. A couple times a day I’ll go to call her name or look for her before realizing that she’s still at the vet recovering. She can’t jump on the furniture or beds for two weeks so we spent today sectioning off areas so that she will just lay in one of her beds on the floor. If I’m on the couch, I’ve got to remember to put something on the couch in my place if I go to the kitchen or bathroom, because I know she’ll jump up there as soon as I leave. She loves being on the couch with me.....View attachment 119565
Fingers crossed
16113770469755986740973319237147.jpg

Daisey goes for a speedy recovery