Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Double bling

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
After getting more and more frustrated about our lack of bands this yr we managed back to back bands on the last day of duck season on mallards. Mine was from Manitoba in 2007. The other was badly worn and will need to be treated with acid to raise the numbers.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Here is a picture of our last field hunt of the yr. This was from the thursday snow. Decided to invite everyone who could come and stack em before the field froze out with those cold weekend temps.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Great stuff, Jake. The only thing that would've made it better would be a couple $100 reward bands. Congrats!

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Yeah...I shot a double banded black a couple yrs ago that had a 100 reward band on it. So of course when I texted Jess and told her I shot a banded duck she replied " Does it have a reward band"? I texted her back " Can't you ever just be fuckin happy for me...lol"

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Tanks fellers.It was a good last day. We got 14 mallards, a black and 5 geese total...I just hope to get out for at least one good goose banging before it goes out. The pits that serve as the main roost ponds for my best fields froze out over the weekend. I am hoping they open back up and the birds get back to normal. My buddy has a awesome field next to a high dollar developement that holds alot of birds that will probably be our backup plan...Although the only time we hunted it this yr the yahoos in the half million dollar houses 400 yds away kept calling the cops to complain....Ain't it funny how people move to the country then get pissed when country things happen.