Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Elite Hunter issues

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
No wonder it was going to take 3 business days to reach Elite. I dropped the bow off yesterday at 1:34 pm and here are the tracking scans so far. Just ridiculous

Buffalo, NY, United States 07/29/2011 8:47 P.M. Departure Scan
Buffalo, NY, United States 07/29/2011 1:46 P.M. Arrival Scan
Middleburg Heights, OH, United States 07/29/2011 9:54 A.M. Departure Scan
Middleburg Heights, OH, United States 07/28/2011 11:55 P.M. Arrival Scan
Mansfield, OH, United States 07/28/2011 10:59 P.M. Departure Scan
07/28/2011 9:00 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 07/28/2011 6:01 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

I should have drove it up and dropped it off myself. It's only a 6hr drive from my place lol.

Well, The bow has sat on a UPS truck in Buffalo only about an hour and a half from Elite all weekend and I'm excited to know that it will finally be delivered tomorrow. I guess it wouldn't be tomorrow anymore. Should have said LATER today lol.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I just recieved a PM via Elites forum from Pete.

We have the bow. Garret will be calling you to make sure we do everything you need. It might take a day or two because we have a couple people on vacation, but we will get you taken care of.

Sounds like they are working on it :smiley_clap:

Can't wait to get that call and get the bow back home lol.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I just recieved a PM via Elites forum from Pete.

We have the bow. Garret will be calling you to make sure we do everything you need. It might take a day or two because we have a couple people on vacation, but we will get you taken care of.

Sounds like they are working on it :smiley_clap:

Can't wait to get that call and get the bow back home lol.

Sounds good, dude. Hopefully they get that thing back to you quick!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Sounds good, dude. Hopefully they get that thing back to you quick!

I was told that it would take a week so figured about 2 weeks till I had it back in my hands lol. They are ahead of the game so far. It was delivered yesterday morning and with a few less people they ae doing good. I'll have to watch the caller ID and pick up the NY calls lol.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Awesome. Im anxious to hear what all they say about it.

I am just wondering if they are wanting to talk more about the situation of the bow shop and the owner. I already asked about the 1/2" shorter DL mods when I called and talked to the tech and was told to put the note in with the bow to remind them to do that when it got there. No reason to call just to make sure that is done since it was already a decided. I will let you all know as soon as I get off the phone with them ;)

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I am hoping to hear from them soon. I still need to get the bow fixed, back home, sighted in, and practice and get some confidence in my shooting abilities with it. We only have 51 more days and even though that sounds like a lot of time to get all that done it really isn't :(

Might have to pull out the old bow for the opener if I'm not comfortable with this one by then.

Schu72

Streetsboro
Shooting the old bow may not be a bad idea. Toning up the muscles and working on form and the new release might be worth it.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Hmmm.

This sounds like fun. I just got an e-mail that reads as follows.

Hi Adam,

Please give me a call at the office or email me your phone number so I can give you a call about your Hunter. I have a few questions before I fix it and send it back to you.

Garret Armstrong
Vice President
Elite Outdoors LLC

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Called and had to leave a message. I have not heard back from them yet today. I guess they will call tomorrow. This is really starting to suck real quick. 51 days and counting till season opener. I'm feeling the crushing pressure to get things rolling and dialed in and it's driving me insane lol.

Just before I started to write this ( 5:45pm) I had fired off an e-mail to Garret saying that I attempted to contact him by phone and was unable to do so. Within a few minutes and as I was typing this I got the phone call.

Very nice guy to talk to on the phone. He thanked me for the feedback on the Archery Shop that I had sent in my letter with the bow.

I guess I had a 60-70# bow that the PRO shop guy had backed the limb bolts all the way out to 60#
Garret wanted to know if I wanted to keep the limb weight I had or go with a lighter 50-60# limb maxed out to around 63-64# in witch I would get the better performance out of a bow maxed out rather then at the lower draw weight. He also said it would help with a better valley and let off then what I was setup with.

I told him to go ahead and put the lighter 50-60# limbs on it. I can always get other limbs later down the road if I want to but honestly at 63-64# is all I will really need to get some good FPS and put a deer down. They are also going to give me the shorter DL mods and have it on the UPS truck tomorrow. That will put the bow back in my hands by Tuesday. A one week turnaround is AWESOME.

All in All it has been a great experience with Elite and talking with them on the phone and via their website and PM'ing HunterPete that works at Elite. Couldn't ask for any better CS IMO.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
so we will be at the range next weekend huh? sounds good to me.

You know it. Might head down to Cardinal at some point and shoot down there before season starts. I will also probably be stopping off at Milo's here soon to shoot with him as well. I have to get this sighted in and done quick. Time is running out lol.

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
Really glad to hear everything worked out Adam, being taken care of like that is what really tells the truth about a company and to me it sounds like Elite is a top notch company!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Adam,

When you head up to Cardinal let me know. I didn't get to shoot at the BEC event so I would like to go up and do something a little more challenging than my target.

Beentown

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Adam, all this is great news. Glad Elite is taking care of you. Makes me proud to stand behind and talk up a company that goes above and beyond to take care of their customers.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Adam, all this is great news. Glad Elite is taking care of you. Makes me proud to stand behind and talk up a company that goes above and beyond to take care of their customers.

I was pleasantly surprised that the VP wanted to talk to me directly. He made sure to explain things to me and help as much as he could. From the first day talking to the tech (can't remember his name) then an e-mail and talking to Kerrianne, sending PM's to HunterPete over at Elite's forum, and then talking to Garret was great. They all have done a great job and I won't forget it anytime soon.

Elite has my business from now on.