Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Finelyshedded and Fullbore shed finds of 2016-2017 season

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Good morning people! Lol
Just woke up! Thanks y'all for all of the kind words. It's always glad to get back home to my family.
The hunt for sheds continues here before Green up arrives. With this warm weather it won't be long! March just gets here and we are already talking green up! That's crazy!
Good luck everyone and thanks for tagging along with Ric and I.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Ron... Glad to see you had a safe and productive trip to Iowa... We might have passed each other on the road Thurs. as I was headed through Ohio on my way to Illinois...

Fletch

Supporting Member
Good luck on your trip Fletch. Looking forward TOO seeing some pics.

Thanks... But already home.... Only found 3 sheds and 2 dead heads... If it wasn't for getting some work done out there for the up-coming season it would have been a waste of time... And that's an 18 hour drive straight through... YUK

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Not you...the one I'm taking to is well aware of my current condition on this subject! [emoji23]

rotflmao

Okay, I was very lucky to have found this super impressive giant typical last year around this time while shed hunting and spent a lot of time and wore down a lot of boot rubber looking for the side it shed prior to being hit by a vehicle apparently. As it turned out a nice young man that lived about 1.5 miles away found it behind his house about the same time I found the deer. I happened to be shed hunting a relative of his property when he saw me and asked me if I was looking for "THIS" as he hoisted it up in the air about 40 yards away, I might add.rotflmao

A resounding and exasperated "yup" came from my mouth and relieved look fell across my face. It was literally driving me crazy wondering what the other side looked like and now I'm about to hold the SOB! :smiley_crocodile:

The shed didn't have 6 typical points like the side still attached to the skull had but the frame and typical 5 points it did have was equally impressive. The density and mass were great as well! We introduced ourselves and it turned out that he goes to school with my youngest daughter and played T-ball with her when I helped coach some. We met a week or so later to put the two together and take some pictures. I let him know if was very interested in making a deal with him for this shed.

Fast forward to last weekend:

I called him this past weekend to see if he wanted to shed hunt with me and asked if he'd bring the shed along so I could run a tape on it before we started. It was so easy being that it was so big and spread out but in less than 5 minutes I grossed it right at 85". I brought it up again that the offer still stands and he told me he'd think about it and that he really liked my offer. Well early last evening he texted me he was ready to swap. After getting home from another 10 hour work day I went over to his place and we made the trade. It was a very even and fair trade for both parties and we're both very happy. It's so nice to finally have them both together now!

Here are some pictures:

I do have a salvage permit for those who don't know the story from last year.

Last night pics with celebratory beer