Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

First Annual TOO Group Deer hunt.

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
PANDEMONIUM! Is all I can say it has been since the trip home from strouds. I want to extend a huge thanks to Mike and Shelly for hooking us all up this past weekend. We really enjoyed this weekend.

This weekend was filled with first for both Austin and I, this was a first for both deer camp and public land hunting for the both of us, but the first didn't end there for Austin. He experienced his first solo hunt. We went out Friday morning and located where his setup was going to be. Friday evenings was his first solo hunt. He had four does come in around 6 o'clock. He dropped the biggest one in its tracks. This was also the first deer in camp and the first deer he has taken with his Hoyt that we got him two years ago.
Here is the hero shot.
View attachment 10581
Once this had happened I could have packed up and went home a happy dad, but we decided to stick around just to make sure we didn't miss anything.

He really enjoyed hanging with all the guys in camp, playing guitar with Aaron and Mike, and also hanging with the other youth that where in camp.

Congrats to Mason on a double over the weekend. Brock you got a great boy. It was also great to see Kody and Klay at camp.

There was more food than you could shake a stick at and it was all off the hook! It was great to finally meet Randy, Brock, Dan, Kevin, and everyone else that I met and can't remember your names(I am horrible with names by the way).

Can't wait till next years deer camp, and I am speaking for the both of us.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I was disappointed not to be able to make it. Then I read this stuff about Cotty playing rock star and leaving Aaron all swampy. I am not sure I missed anything.:smiley_crocodile:

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
I had a great time listening to Austin play and Greg sing (if thats what he was doing, HA), I was glad he brought his axe with him. Austin was real cool with letting me and Mike hack on his guitar, he's definitely starting at the right time at a young age. I look forward to you two coming down next year and maybe I'll throw mine in the car, good times.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Steve, the hero shot didn't work, at least not for me. I'm glad I got to see Austin's deer in person! Great meeting both of you, and thanks for trying to refine my taste in adult beverage....some things just can't be fixed!:)

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country

Serif that works.

Brock I wad meaning to ask you a question. It seems my cargo carrier that fits on my jeep caught some kind of virus down there, it has this lean to one side now. Just wanted to know if yours caught the same sickness?

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Oh heck! I hit that thing friday night with my tire! We got out and looked because I thought I hit your truck. Myself, Tony, and I think Ric all looked it over and didn't see any damage other than a rub on my tire. I didn't realize it had damaged your hauler at all. I'll be glad to pay for another one, Steve.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
To answer your question, my hauler seems to be fine. But I do have a great deal of Athens Co. clay stuck in strange places on my truck, and do seem to be missing a front turn signal. Apparently when a good samaritan drags your stuck truck into a log you may leave parts behind....?

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
To answer your question, my hauler seems to be fine. But I do have a great deal of Athens Co. clay stuck in strange places on my truck, and do seem to be missing a front turn signal. Apparently when a good samaritan drags your stuck truck into a log you may leave parts behind....?

By watching you drive that weekend I was wondering if you needed a 55' trailer behind you to do it right ;)

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Haha... no kidding. Well, I cleared his truck and didn't know he had the hauler on the back. Kinda a tight spot to get out the gate. Next time I'm letting Mason drive!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I think it was Joe, but we were watching you drive and you were all over the place. We just laughed and came up with the 55' trailer line at that point.

Gordo

Athens County
I think I met just about everyone except for brock. Somehow missed you.

I thought I was going to get slapped when I some how mistaked cotty and moundy for father and son. Whoops. Haha :smiley_crocodile:

Not sure who was more insulted by that one.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I think I met just about everyone except for brock. Somehow missed you.

I thought I was going to get slapped when I some how mistaked cotty and moundy for father and son. Whoops. Haha :smiley_crocodile:

Not sure who was more insulted by that one.

Gordo, now that you mention it.... There is a resemblance there..... rotflmao Mike did you do any road trips down strouds way back in the late eighties early nineties????? :pickle: