Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

First TOO outing

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Mine was an early Strouds when it was the bonus early muzzleloader season. Got in Friday night and helped track someone's deer that night and got ate up by mosquitos. The rest of the weekend is a bit of a blur. It was the one where Tonk came down and he said his infamous quote about using harvest numbers to figure out live numbers. We tried a few "drives" with minimal success. Joe, myself and others got bitched at by yoga pant wearing soccer moms when walking getting to hunting spots. I got a doe the last evening a few hundred yards from the pavilions where people were having parties and i remember using my rangefinder to make sure i was far enough from the trail, the pavilions and the parking lots before shooting.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
The Woodbury outing where Cotty got stung at home, then drive thru WV, then showed up after dinner time, we had to push a 2wd Ford off the wet grass at 1am, and Andruch slept in his van and we all had to listen to the dying pig in the mud until they left at 6am......was the first one?

I recall I was in a tent, and the horrible perc'd coffee too, which had to be 2013? We got the camper in '14 and that is the year Greg tried to used a 4x8 tarp to shelter us at first, and Randy was with him. A trip down memory lane below.

FB_IMG_1611330340108.jpg
FB_IMG_1611330345830.jpg
FB_IMG_1611330354977.jpg
FB_IMG_1611330370341.jpg
FB_IMG_1611330378100.jpg
FB_IMG_1611330385293.jpg
FB_IMG_1611330393377.jpg
FB_IMG_1611330406022.jpg
FB_IMG_1611330395436.jpg
FB_IMG_1611330399246.jpg

What was first Strouds outing year, feels like it was before '13 Woodbury.

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
Mason and I were at the BEC shoot prior it TOO. We attended Strouds the first several years and have since missed it every year for the last five or six, in spite of our best efforts. Hoping to make a visit to Paint this year as well as strouds. Always a good time!
I remember meeting both you at Strouds the time I was there. Mason was a little guy at the time and then seeing what's he's done and that video from his amazing buck this year its crazy how much he's grown (though I know that's the point).

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
My first one took me 6 hours and 6 counties to get to Woodbury when in all reality it is an hour and a half and two counties. No, really... it took me 6 hours. I was lost as fuck!

The second Woodbury is when I got the shit stung outta me and I damn near overdosed on Benadryl and had to go to the ER where they tried admitting me for a heart attack, but I signed myself out waiving medical treatment. I wasn't missing the gang!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I remember Kody, Clay and mason throwing a baseball together quite a bit. Mason hoped they would be there every year afterwards. I think football kept them away from strouds in following years. Baseball has kept us away for the last several but I don’t think that will be an issue anymore. Can’t believe Mason is about done with it. 😔

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I use to remember dates like the back of my hand, not anymore. I can remember other shit though ....My 1st Woodbury I think was when I brought a small tent along with my drum smoker... I had a brisket for the next day. I also remember one of my tent support sticks breaking as I was setting up camp, & then going back home 30 mi for the taj mahal. I also remember after starting to get my brisket prepped that evening, that I forgot the grate for the smoker. I wanted to cry....lol. I asked if anyone had an extra grate & I think it was Greg that had a brand new one laying in the back of his truck that he gave me. THAT was a life saver !! The next year, I had the camper.