Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Found Swamp Thing's House

Mao

Coshocton, OH
blind.jpg

Either his or the Ohio Grassman's.... Anyways... Dad and I didnt waste any time getting on the new property... We set this up this morning in the swampy creek bottom...I am hoping he can get a crack at a good buck and I can take a doe or tw from this spot...

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
That's cool looking. Did you have a blind and just built the grasses around it or did you free hand that blind ? Looks cool and looks like it should work just fine. Best of luck to you guys.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
dad got his primos vision blind in the mail friday afternoon... we went out late morning saturday and cut some briars, stuck it in there, covered it in briars and fallen branches, and then stuck the saw grass all over it... i am really happy with it...

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
dad got his primos vision blind in the mail friday afternoon... we went out late morning saturday and cut some briars, stuck it in there, covered it in briars and fallen branches, and then stuck the saw grass all over it... i am really happy with it...

Looks great. You guys did a helluva job brushing that blind in. I hope you guys get some good close encounters and a harvest or 2 as well.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
thanks guys... dad is going to sit there tomorrow if the wind isnt terrible... i will probably give it a shot later in the week..

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Be careful of the briars Mao.

I brushed in a blind last year by cutting a hole out of a giant tangle of briars, fit the blind into the hole, then used the clippings to brush everything in. I used some branches and grasses from the area too (although my job didn't look half as good as the pic you posted). Anyway, between the briars and some high winds I had quite a few big tears in the blind that I couldn't repair.

Just wanted to pass along that experience for you.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Be careful of the briars Mao.

I brushed in a blind last year by cutting a hole out of a giant tangle of briars, fit the blind into the hole, then used the clippings to brush everything in. I used some branches and grasses from the area too (although my job didn't look half as good as the pic you posted). Anyway, between the briars and some high winds I had quite a few big tears in the blind that I couldn't repair.

Just wanted to pass along that experience for you.

Thanks man. We didn't overdue it with briars. I think she will hold up good. I was worried about high winds too. We replaced the stakes with ones of our own to try and keep it sturdier.

Mao

Coshocton, OH
Looks great but is there only one window open or can you see out other sides??

It blends in perfectly!!

Thanks man. It is actually a one hole wonder. Opening the side windows wont do you any good because the brush and briars beside it are so thick. Even though it looks tight, there is a lot of good shooting from the one window. You can actually cover a lot.