Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Frank's 2015 hunting journal

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
1-11
Got into my tower at 7:05 and was 10 degrees, calm wind and all stars shining.Be damn if I didn't get wet feet again today buy I had dry socks withme. But Have to set all day with my insulated boots off. Next year I will leave a spare pair of boots and socks in the tower during cold weather.
9:10 2 coyotes are trotting through on the other side of the hay field. By the time I got the window open and stopped him he was at 125 yds.I got off a rushed shot. At 12:30 I got down and checked the area and no sign of blood so I made a clean miss.
Of course I had to put my wet boots back on and they are froze solid ice inside. I put the old dried socks on the I half burnt up drying. When I got back I changed back into heavy dry socks.
Nothing happened all day.
3:10 2 yearlings came out of the neighbors woods and followed by a doe. They feed in the turnips tops. Couple minutes later a doe and yearly join them. They fed in the turnips tops for several minutes then all went int the adjoining clover plot and pawl through the snow for clover for over 30 minutes. Then they went into my woods.
5:15 4 yearlings come into the turnips from the neighbors woods. Then joined by a doe and yearling. Few minutes later another doe and yearling comes out. They all feed in the turnips then go into the clover plot and pawl for clover. They are still feeding in the clover at 6:30 when I pack up and leave. They just stand there and look at me climb down the stairs and leave. I exit trail is a sunken trail so I'm sorta out of sight to them.

So I seen 13 does and yearlings today.

Day 1 seen 14 does and yearlings. No bucks.
Day 2 seen 16 does and yearlings. No bucks.
Day 3 seen 13 does and yearlings. No bucks. 2 coyotes.

60 days ago today on Nov 11 I seen 12 bucks before noon setting in the same place. Where are all those bucks now?

Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Don't know Frank. Some are prolly dead and some are prolly back in the winter ranges. They've seemed to be back in bachelor groups too!

Way to stick with it Frank! It can change in a minute, good luck tomorrow!