Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FUBAR of the Week...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Here's my submission for FUBAR of the week...

I headed to check my trail cams today. I get to camera 1 and everything looks normal. The feeder is working, corn spread out, etc... I check the camera and there are 272 pics on it since Sunday. Not bad, but not great. Most of the pics are does, turkey, coons. I get to about pic 210 and everything is foggy until the end. WTF???? I look at the front of the camera and there is a tiny white and silver caterpillar chilling on the lens. Apparently he'd been there awhile.
I'm pissed, but I move on to camera 2. At camera 2 all the corn is gone and the mineral spot is all tore up... hoof prints everywhere! The excitement of checking the camera is upon me. I open the camera, get the card out, put it in my digital camera and.... wait for it.... "Disc Protected" message. WTF?!?!?!?! I pull the card back out and it was on lock. Are you kidding me? Not one pic was taken because apparently when I slipped the card in the trail cam the little notch on the side slid down locking the card. I wanted to jump off the nearby highwall into the creek below.

So, I fixed the card... did a test run (which like an ass I didn't do last time) and all is working now. Who knows what I missed.

Right now, in regard to trailcams, I have buzzard's luck.

PS, Jesse... I hope I'm not hijacking your thread. I just figured I could win the award this week. Lol

The honor is all yours for now! But I'm checking mine tomorrow when I come back from Tennessee and you know I'm capable of being a colossal dumbass, so enjoy it while it lasts!!! LOL!