Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fuggin Snake IN MY HOUSE

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You are not alone Kevin. I don't think I would have done it. Work gloves or not. I would have brought my shovel to take it's head off for her.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Work gloves prevent bites and that disgusting musk from getting your hands. That's a new level of stink.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I picked up those sticky traps today along with a pair of work gloves. (Sorry Joe, I just can't stomach the thought of using a feeder mouse with it!)

I'm not sure if I'm more creeped out over it being in my house, or the thought of if I do catch it and no one being around to take it out of here for me!

The packaging actually shows it is for snakes, along with rats and mice.

We'll see what happens.

Kevin (and maybe Derek) work at LMH in case I have a stroke. They can notify everyone!

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Just use a shotgun Diane......it'll kill 'em DEAD!!

I truly do shoot them, but my kids have forbidden me to shoot at it in the house. They even lectured me on the fact that it is a cement floor and about ricochet and all that. They must assume I'm desperate to give me that speech! lmao

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I take my statement back. I now remember my neighbor telling me copperheads will smell like a cucumber, He told me about smelling one up behind their house years ago. I just googled & can not come up with a definite answer.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I take my statement back. I now remember my neighbor telling me copperheads will smell like a cucumber, He told me about smelling one up behind their house years ago. I just googled & can not come up with a definite answer.

To me they smell like rotten death. Not a putrid smell like a raccoon on a hot road. More like a rotten musk but with a sweet tinge.

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
my uncle just told me make sure i have good boots for this weekend in Georgia, he said they have ran into some copperheads where there at, and some guys say they ran into rattle snakes too. it dont bother me too much but ill be watching where i step.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
Well, there is now a mouse in the trap. I'm going to leave it there for "awhile" and see if that attracts the snake, since it is definitely alive.

This whole ordeal is making me kinda sick to my stomach. :smiley_baby:

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I used a glue trap that had seeds on it and caught a mouse once. That little sucker took a couple days to die and you can forget about getting it out of the glue. I don't use them anymore as I find it a little harsh even for a mouse.

Look at the bright side. That snake is helping control your mice and to me they are far worse then that little ol snake.

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I'd prefer that they control the mice from the outside of my house, not inside it. But yea, this glue trap is cruel.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Snakes will go where the food is just like a mouse lol.

You will be fine with him in there. I mean your probably about a foot longer then he is so you should be fine. Just think of it as a sleeping bag.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Snakes will go where the food is just like a mouse lol.

You will be fine with him in there. I mean your probably about a foot longer then he is so you should be fine. Just think of it as a sleeping bag.
I am sorry Diane but that is funny stuff! Snake probably is taller than you. Lol

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
I threw it out, but the snake is a garter snake, although the skin looked (to me) to be a bit bigger (rounder) than the actual snake was.

I didn't run so I got a good look at it and it was nice and fat, so it's certainly not starving. The puppies were just 2-3 feet from it, so I grabbed them as it slowly went thru the petition I have up for the puppy play area box.

The mouse that is currently in the glue is a full size mouse, so I don't know if the snake will attempt to eat it or not. It was about 18 inches long....not a baby.