Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fuggin Snake IN MY HOUSE

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
There are two species with the nickname banana spider. This one here is the golden orb web spider. Mildly toxic. About like a bee sting and doesn't rot flesh. And it's really docile, they'll walk all over you arm and hand and not bite.

The other one nicknamed "banana spider", that you're thinking of is the Brazilian wandering spider that has shown up in shipments of bananas. Now that dude is one of the most poisonous in the world and very aggressive.

Thanks for clearing that up Joe, I heard that poisonous one is a bad mofo! Right up there with the Sydney Funnel Web spider....unlike most species the male is 6 times more deadly but the female looks the scariest and is bigger.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks for clearing that up Joe, I heard that poisonous one is a bad mofo! Right up there with the Sydney Funnel Web spider....unlike most species the male is 6 times more deadly but the female looks the scariest and is bigger.

All this spider and snake talk making you feel any better Diane?

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
All this spider and snake talk making you feel any better Diane?

I'm adjusting to life with my new found pet. Wood stove season is coming up, so I figure he'll surprise me when I move wood in to the house.....it will give him a nice bed to lay in. :smiley_couch:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I find it hard for people who can gut a deer or other game for that matter be so afraid of a non venomous snake lol.....
Oh and if or when you find it and are able too pick it up from just behind the head, it will curl the rest of its body around your hand/arm.... So be ready and don't throw it and run away screaming lol....

BassFish5

I'm adjusting to life with my new found pet.:

Having a garter snake around can actually be a good thing! It's sorta like having a cat. It will take care of any small rodents or insects that are more of a nuisance. They just pretty much stay to themselves and out of sight. And like stated, they are perfectly harmless. The only thing you need to make sure of, is that it doesn't have a mate. I wouldn't think you would want a dozen garters to care for! Lol!