Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Geese are everywhere!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I've been seeing shitloads of geese around here lately. A few of the fields I have permission to hunt are being hit pretty hard, which is definitely a plus. I'll be going out Thursday afternoon and Friday morning this week. Hopefully nobody else shoots them out of the fields before I can!

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Should have been out hunting the geese where I was on Saturday :D. I seen 3-4 groups fly over containing about 100 in each group.

Had some guys setup in the field Sunday but not a single goose flew over lmao.

They fly over my hunting property to get over to the water treatment facility about a mile away.

Awesome pics, UK... pretty crazy how the geese know the deer aren't a threat.

the cool part was i was out in the middle of a field , the closest he got was 100 yards , wind blowing right at him , he didnt wind me once , im a firm believer in my scent away products , and am planning on adding the scent smoker to my arsenal here shortly , but i didnt have no cover , just me in my orange standing perfectly still in the middle of a field , i think he thaught i was a stump

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I seen a bunch more this evening fly over. I tell ya it is because it was snowing. Saturday it was snowing as well and on Sunday when those guys sat in the field blind all day it was not snowing and NO geese to be seen.

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio

Yep. 200 in city limits yesterday.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
its going to be some awesome shooting on down your way jesse VERY soon...

Kaiser878

ohio
THe goose shooting has been pretty awesome! THe last two days produced a 2 man limit of geese with 5 ducks and yesterday produced a 4 man limit of geese with 7 mallards!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Just drove by one of my fields.... it had 100+ sitting there at 11:00am this morning. Hopefully they repeat that pattern tomorrow morning.

Found another just to the North about a mile or two with about 4 dozen. Gonna try & get permission there TOO