Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Good year

athensco

Athens
Wow them is some nice buck deerz. Hope ya connect.

PS - welcome to TOO, saw that you are new!

Thanks for the welcome Cap't Ernie.

mrex that deer does not look familiar, where was it taken?

hoot gibson the property is located in athens county to too far from the albany/athens area.

deerjunkie

Canton, Ohio
Holy cow athensco...you have a serious gold mine on your hands. I be doing whatever I could to hang on to that place. Welcome to the forum, super nice deer.

mrex

*Supporting member*
Thanks for the welcome Cap't Ernie.

mrex that deer does not look familiar, where was it taken?

hoot gibson the property is located in athens county to too far from the albany/athens area.

Albany / Athens area.

athensco

Athens
Albany / Athens area.
I noticed it did look like one of our pics... With what we have going on there right now, it would be really hard to take a buck that size when we have some real dandies roaming...
We haven't even stepped foot on the place during gun season..We did patrol the property pretty well and so far it seems to be a pretty good secret.
buck1.jpg
buck8.jpg
buck2.jpg
buck4.jpg

Last edited:

Kaiser878

ohio
I have seen several bucks that will go over 150, surely you have killed one by now! that is ridiculous to have that many giants on your hunting property!

athensco

Athens
How many cams do you run?

Beentown

We usually have 8 out on this property at any given time sometimes 10. We try and move them around a good bit so we can try and get a lot of different locations covered without "being" there.
The tract we are "allowed" to hunt is part of a much bigger tract. The owner does let us put cameras out on the larger part to, we just aren't allowed to hunt that part. Can be frustrating, because it seems like the older bucks have figured that out to.
Go figure right. I am hoping that if we are patient he will eventually give us access the entire tract.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Welcome to the site man and thanks for sharing those pic's! All I can say is, WOW! My personal favorite is the tank still in velvet in the first barrage of bucks looking to the left with the massive long beams and eye guards near the bases. All I can say is goodluck with them and I wouldn't care which of those bucks I had the opportunity to hunt. Definitely keeps us posted and goodluck!!! JD! You got some competition!