Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Guns & Ammo Sales.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I'm well supplied in 9mm, in fact, I believe the last time I bought 1,000 rounds it was like 50 cents/round, and that was approximately a year plus ago.

It's my 30/30 and 308s that I seem to feel like I never have a enough of so, when I find it, I buy it.

I think I paid $105 last year in July for 500 9mm, roughly 20 cents a round.

The confirmation email they sent me had this at the bottom.

1613413513541.png

Clicking the link today brings up this.

1613413556662.png

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
And that is why we have a shortage 🤣. I am also guilty of this.

Joke taken but, I highly doubt very much so that I personally am contributing to the original shortfall issue. It surely couldn't be because of the political atmosphere over the past decade now could it or the industry itself (manufactures/owners) failed to manage/plan accordingly for a well known forecasted demand.

Anyhow, if the current government administration gets their way, this particular issue will quickly change to where perhaps ammo manufactures will have to find new warehouse to store new ammo products.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
As a group, we are all buying it when we see it. If we need it or not, we are buying what we can, when we can.

Really, "as a group", "we are all buying". Well, I guess I should have known then. Glad you straightened me out Dave, I won't bother sharing anymore here on this thread because you all have it all figured out. I'll move onto some other topic then, thanks!

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'm not. This makes me an idiot. I have what I need to go hunting.
You’re not alone. I’m not wasting money on this ridiculously overpriced ammo. I own plenty, and bought it when it was cheap. If I’m ever in a situation that I need more than what I currently have, I likely won’t make it out the other side anyway. The ammo companies and retailers are laughing all the way to the bank right now.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Really, "as a group", "we are all buying". Well, I guess I should have known then. Glad you straightened me out Dave, I won't bother sharing anymore here on this thread because you all have it all figured out. I'll move onto some other topic then, thanks!

Come on dude. Why do you always want to take your ball and go home when someone has a different opinion or statement than you?

Jamie

Ohio
yes, I'm not buying any ammo anytime soon. you all can fight over the crumbs whenever the manufactures sprinkle them around. I saw this coming after the same thing happened when Obummer got elected the first time. When supply caught up and prices normalized, I stocked up on every caliber I shoot, and stocked up heavily on reloading supplies for every round I reload. patting myself on the back for it today, and I'm not wasting any of it shooting for the fun of it now, either. this stuff keeps forever if you store it properly. I did buy a couple thousand plated .41 bullets from Berry's. even though they were in stock, it still took over a month to get them here, and the price was only slightly more than the last time I ordered several years ago. besides all of that, I have enough osage, bamboo and wood shafts to make enough bows arrows to outfit a small army. ;) fuck those gouging bastards.

Kinda think Dave was agreeing with you, buy it when you can. We are all in it together and like minded for the most part when it comes to that. I decided I needed more carry ammo for any of my family and that is why I shared the Federal link, so people aren't screwed so badly on prices if and when they have some in stock.

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
The last time I bought any ammo was last February, when the Wuhan scare had just started, with talks of it possibly coming to the US. I bought 3,000 rounds of various calibers just in case. I didn't need them, but glad I bought them. I won't buy anymore until shit settles down. Doesn't bother me much, except I don't fun shoot much lately. Too expensive to replace what I've used.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
I just have mainly what I hunt with. Wish I had more but won’t buy unless it’s the exact kind I’m using. I figure if I need it for more than hunting (protection) it will be more than one shot, one kill mentality. You know what our high powered rifles can do. I also have a small stash of personal protection ammo.
Only thing I really wish I had is a good complement of buckshot.
So my theory is I can defend myself and have enough to not worry about running out during hunting season.
As for the preppers.... I thank them cause you can only survive being mobile and what you can physically carry. Any more than that your buying for someone else.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
The last time I bought any ammo was last February, when the Wuhan scare had just started, with talks of it possibly coming to the US. I bought 3,000 rounds of various calibers just in case. I didn't need them, but glad I bought them. I won't buy anymore until shit settles down. Doesn't bother me much, except I don't fun shoot much lately. Too expensive to replace what I've used.
X2

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
We bleed this stuff in our house, we did opt out of shooting any winter League or matches, only so we could catch up and try to prepare for the summer. The press has only slowed down a few times when there is a lull in components. Yeah we’re paying a little bit more for them but I won’t pay out right gouging. And as far as the few we don’t reload I just buy from the companies that are holding as tru as they can. We still drove when gas was $5..... just not as much.