Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

House building

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Where does the 100x200 pole barn fit in the property? Add it to the mix and I will be jealous indeed. Lol

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Be mindful of where the sun passes by those triangular windows. We have the same type windows and there’s about a half hour per day where the sun passes by and casts light right where I sit on the couch. Blinding to say the least. Couldn’t put up curtains because of the angle and height...we did put up a reflective film that helped a little. So if I happen to be sitting on the couch at that time of day, I have to get up and move. Something I never gave any thought to when planning where the house should sit. I’ll be following along on your progress.😊

Buckmaster

Portage
F12252CE-22B3-4FBF-A036-178562157929.jpeg

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
Be mindful of where the sun passes by those triangular windows. We have the same type windows and there’s about a half hour per day where the sun passes by and casts light right where I sit on the couch. Blinding to say the least. Couldn’t put up curtains because of the angle and height...we did put up a reflective film that helped a little. So if I happen to be sitting on the couch at that time of day, I have to get up and move. Something I never gave any thought to when planning where the house should sit. I’ll be following along on your progress.😊

Yea that is exactly why that end will face due north in hopes of lessening that issue

Reactions: Sgt Fury

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
I have a driveway around 2,000’ now and it’s a constant battle. Be sure to put it in correctly! Also be sure that everyone traveling on it idles up and down it. Slower is better for the longevity of it staying smooth. I’m talking 5 mph kind of slow, creeping. My driveway being shared sees a ton of traffic.

With that being said, I’d blacktop it if you have the budget.

As far as the build, I’m following as I’d like to do the same some day.

Flooding area?
You mean the driveway is not a race track. My wife looks at me like im stupid when i tell her that.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Are they pumping water out of the basement? Or digging a well? Not sure what the video was Clay.