Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

House building

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Very cool clip and congrats on getting to this stage. Bet it feels good to "see" something lol.

Precast walls? How do they connect them and what's he sealing the vertical joints with? Will there be another outside waterproofing layer sprayed/installed? Are those preformed studs or metal/wood attached to the outside wall? Details man....details!

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
They are precast and insulated, they have holes in the concrete/metal studs. They are sealed with urethane caulk in between and they fill a grove on the inside and outside, they have a key.

The walls are bolted together at the top and bottom.

They were developed in Massachusetts I think, for construction during the winter. They are made from 5000 psi concrete so they are waterproof, but our county still makes us put on waterproofing.

You can attach straight to the metal studs.

Took them a total of 3 hours which half was compacting the stone sub foundation.

There is no concrete poured onsite. It has 6” minimum stone.

This video shows the whole process.

Buckmaster

Portage
Interesting concept. My poured walls are 6 years old now. I have a couple visible cracks but no water intake; 30 year guarantee. Still much better than my 70 year old last house with block walls and clay backfill. Guess there's always new technology ahead.

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
Finally got some rough in plumbing done in the basement, now concrete and hopefully log setting. He is way behind so still 3-5 weeks, crazy to think that in about 7-9 weeks we will have a dried in house
1E429FA7-8D30-4684-B1EC-4CECA7CD0323.jpeg