Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

How many guys believe that there is a walking World Record buck in OH

How many guys believe that there is a walking World Record buck either Non Typical or Typical, P&Y or B&C in this state right now?

That would mean it would have to beat these scores:
P&Y
Typical..........204 4/8
Non Typical...294 0/8

B&C
Typical...........213 5/8
Non Typical....322 4/8s

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I never say never. With Ohio bucks anything is possible and it should never be overlooked.

I would have to say....Yes

The better questions would be will anybody ever find it or shoot it :D.

Any1 wanna throw there ideas on where they might be at..Not that im looking to venture there..But i think the Columbus suburbs an surrounding areas are a proven area for big deer..I could see a record coming from around there..Anyone else?

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Any1 wanna throw there ideas on where they might be at..Not that im looking to venture there..But i think the Columbus suburbs an surrounding areas are a proven area for big deer..I could see a record coming from around there..Anyone else?

I have one locked in my pole barn Ohiomossyoak. Don't tell anybody!

Honestly, I would say there could be a typical 200-220" in any corner of the state. The non-typical would be tougher to find. None of them will be easy to find, but I believe there are some out there. The non-typical I have my theories on which parts of the state you would have the highest chances of finding him. It is strictly theory though, and i have no access to hunt any of these areas. I am not going to start rumors based on my theories.

I have one locked in my pole barn Ohiomossyoak. Don't tell anybody!

Honestly, I would say there could be a typical 200-220" in any corner of the state. The non-typical would be tougher to find. None of them will be easy to find, but I believe there are some out there. The non-typical I have my theories on which parts of the state you would have the highest chances of finding him. It is strictly theory though, and i have no access to hunt any of these areas. I am not going to start rumors based on my theories.
:smiley_chicken:
O come on....

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
NE Ohio will have the next 200 to 220" Buck..... you heard it.here first...... and its not near badgers house either ;-)

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I agree with these two...

Ditto. I would be surprised if there was a half dozen or more.

I know of a Town park buck that is a Non Typical
That IMO was real close last year

I have permission to hunt acrost the road
But never saw it on my cameras last fall

Best bet
It will either die of old age or be poached
But as I never here of anyone seeing it expect after dark
I am betting on old age

John

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
You seen this one yet J

It's up NE parts :D.

That was a good one... but I've heard that buck got hit by a car... don't know if there's any truth to that or not, though. There are a lot of rumors surrounding that deer.

I'd say there are definitely several world record class bucks walking around in Ohio. The suburbs and parks all around the state could certainly hold some giants, but there are also a few Sandusky Bay marshes that hold monsters. It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the next record book deer was a swamp buck. There are 1000s of private duck club acres up there that are crawling with booners. Remember that 200+ incher from Sandusky County last year?... that was a swamp buck.

Last edited: