Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

I really could use your TOO help on this one

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Chuck- I am far from an expert. I get bits and pieces from friends/family dealing with it like anyone else gets educated on it. Glad my thoughts (and it really was just throwing an idea out to think about- not because I am well versed in it), were able to offer some consolation. Throw down whatever you are comfortable sharing. There are better/smarter people than me on here who can help. I'm sure the site will offer great moral support if nothing else. Best group of people I know. Prayers continued.

Chuck- I am far from an expert. I get bits and pieces from friends/family dealing with it like anyone else gets educated on it. Glad my thoughts (and it really was just throwing an idea out to think about- not because I am well versed in it), were able to offer some consolation. Throw down whatever you are comfortable sharing. There are better/smarter people than me on here who can help. I'm sure the site will offer great moral support if nothing else. Best group of people I know. Prayers continued.

Thanks again Phil. Funny thing is (or not so...) I just realized I had the damn paperwork in the binder I've been carrying around for a couple weeks now on the chemo. Says right there might cause.... Think I've got tunnel vision at times LOL!

As a man you think you can simply step up and take control....and fix the broken things.

That's exactly how I felt with my 9 year old niece's brain cancer. I was ready to sell my house to fund her and go homeless.

I found I had control over absolutely nothing, other then my Hope and Prayer.
In the end, she died a peaceful death.

Not what I had prayed for by any means but at least it was a painless and peaceful exit as having slept for the last 2-3 days.

Our prayers are with you and Mom.

I'm definitely starting to realize I have no control of what happens. Part of all of this is me letting others help me too. Thanks for sharing that with us.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Continue to hang tough Chuck! This group has got your back if you need a shoulder or support! Prayers continue man!

Talked with the doctor this afternoon. They believe she had a bit of congestive heart failure. I'm looking at her like WTF is "a bit" as she explains that chemically she shows signs of it happening however they don't see signs of it in her heart functions or muscle tissue. They think with the low hemoglobin and her heart working hard may have caused it one of these last times everything got low. Definitely glad it wasn't worse but now I'm sitting here thinking about the next time her hemoglobin gets low again, which always seems to be about a week from the last transfusion. They also have spotted emphysema in one of her upper lobes of her lungs. She was a long time smoker, maybe 30 years before she quit. They believe the last bit of pneumonia she had about 4 weeks ago may have brought it out more to where it is affecting her breathing. More tests tomorrow and if she's doing better they may start looking at releasing her soon.

Blan37

SW Ohio
Hoping and praying for the best. My mom has cheated death more than once when we thought she wasn't going to pull through, so don't lose hope.

Man I really appreciate all the continued prayers you guys and gals!! I cannot thank you enough!

My mom was released from the hospital again on Monday. My sister came up from Georgia as well after a stop at dad's over the weekend down there in Ohio for our family reunion. They had my mom on some breathing treatments that she has continued at home and wouldn't you know it, she's been able to get off of the oxygen here and there. That little bit and it's like she's a changed woman, having some energy to at least get out and get a hair cut as well as dinner with my sister. Yesterday she had her Dr's appointment to see where her blood was at and for now it has only dropped a tiny bit on the hemoglobin. Dr. cautioned that it was still too early for any hope that things might be getting better, that there will be good weeks and bad for a while. We even went out and celebrated my sister's birthday last evening at Mongolian BBQ. Of course I was used to having to hover around mom making sure she was OK and stable but after a while I realized she was really getting around well and my worries needed to be put on hold. Today I hear she was pretty pooped but also had physical therapy come to the house and she did real well. Gotta be optimistic even after hearing what the doc said.