Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

In Memoriam

I've been wanting to pay this tribute to my dad for a while now but it is tough to come up with the words without getting a heavy heart so here goes. My dad, Charles A. Crowe Sr. went by the name Charlie his whole life. He served in the Air Force and was always my hero growing up because of his service. He taught me how to hunt and bowhunting was his passion. I can remember some of our best conversations over the years were out back shooting bows during the summer or on our walks into/out of the woods on deer hunts. That was our thing, we loved to trade our stories. Best thing about him was he was the kindest person I knew. Always willing to listen but never harsh in his words when he would speak. I wish I were more like him in that way, in many ways.

This picture popped up on my FB feed this morning and sums him up completely. A man of few words at times but boy did you know when he was having the time of his life by the smile on his face. Allen was a little guy back then but what I wouldn't do to have the both of them on the 4 wheeler riding around today.

1615988058575.png

Here he is with me and my first deer. He was so damn proud of me, I knew it because of how he smiled and hugged me that day. Thought he was gonna squeeze me til I popped with that hug, LOL!

1615988130190.png

This would be mine and Allen's last hunt with him. We sure had fun that day just sitting around relaxing and talking in the old cabin. Hopefully my last hunt will be there as well some day.

1615990980806.png

Jenna's last high school softball game and graduation day he was so happy to make it up and spend time with us. Hurts to think he won't be there to see Allen's next year.

1615988750497.png

1615988766365.png

This is where he was at home the most, down in the big holla. I can remember as a kid he would take me down there to look for petrified wood and just getting into the stream he grew up walking. We all have so many memories of that with him, man he loved looking at them rocks!! So do we now!!

1615989378160.png

1615990198565.png

1615990213251.png

The bald eagle was always his favorite because of his service and to this day reminds me of him every time I see one. The very morning he passed we were heading down to the hospital in Columbus. Around Findlay on I-75 we spotted an eagle soaring out in front of us and around the truck. As we neared Delaware there was another, right there in front of us again!! We stayed at the house for a day or so before heading back home and wouldn't you know it before we got to Columbus we saw our third bald eagle in just a couple of days. I can think of only one I had seen previously in all the years heading down and back from the farm til he passed. Now it truly has meaning to me when I spot one. He's checking in on us every now and then, especially when I need him. His final resting place for his ashes is on our farm. That is where he wanted to be and is the best place I could ever imagine as we always feel close to him when there. He's surrounded by petrified wood, some good one's as he would say. Rest In Peace Dad.

1615991053114.png

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
It has been a sad couple of days as I lost my Mom on Saturday afternoon just 7 months after my Dad past away.
They were married just a month shy of 60 years and my mom was really lost without him and her health went downhill fast after dad died
I am sure dad was smiling saturday..I can hear him saying ..what took you so long to get here Marlene.
Mom was a kind sweet lady that was great at raising 5 kids. The funeral is gonna be rough on Friday but it is easier knowing she it at peace with dad now.Sure gonna miss her and it really hit home the last couple of days knowing I can't see or talk to either of them anymore.
Love you Mom you are in my prayers.
20210919_111725.jpg
20210919_111704.jpg
20210919_111714.jpg
20210919_111733.jpg
Screenshot_20210920-141359_Chrome.jpg
IMG_3443.jpg

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Been thinking of you guys and offer sincere condolences from my family, to yours. A very nice tribute to your parents and we appreciate you sharing it with us.

Reactions: Boarhead