Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Java Joy - The Coffee Thread

Big H

Medina
OK, we are in the market for a new coffee maker now. We want something similar to what Jesse posted, but Kristi always buys the best of everything, obviously she’s with me. ;) Looking at all options. We want single cup option along with a pot.

• Haha
Reactions: jagermeister

Stressless

Keene, OH
1612214725733.png

Bowkills

Nw oh
15yrs with my wife ive had the coffee pot to myself. Ive tried telling her for years to go natural and stop the pixie stick preworkout morning drink. Shes had 0 sugar for a month now and had a large cup every day . It will be nice sitting by the stove this winter both having a cup. she better not increase and rob from my daily thermos fill or she will be banned to the one cup side or getting up earlier to make extra. DONT FUCK WITH MY JAVA JOY WOMAN!!!! Haha

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Wife got me a coffee press for a Xmas gift. Broke it in this morning. Gotta say, I’m impressed with the taste. Drank it black for a trial run and I do believe that’ll be my go too for my mornings for the foreseeable future….
Thanks for the info on the pressed coffee!

Let's see her! Feel like you were going to break it at any point?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Let's see her! Feel like you were going to break it at any point?
Haven’t had the feeling of breaking it yet. Very sturdy and keeps the coffee warm, well I haven’t really let it sit for that long with actual coffee in it.
BRC tastes much better than this ytown boost coffee she had picked up. But I feel obligated too finish it off before I switch over.
Haven’t had any coffee grounds yet either, which kind of surprised me too a certain extent.
Coffee is much smoother and a lot less bitter than from the coffee maker we have. No creamer needed and two cups is the limit as of now. Well at least with this boost coffee she got. Wires me out and I haven’t had that happen in like forever.
The BRC I used 8 tbsp and it worked well. This boost stuff I can probably get away with 5-6 tbsp.

Attachments

• D3F22A2E-A94F-45D4-8BC7-4E5B6500AA0A.jpeg
    D3F22A2E-A94F-45D4-8BC7-4E5B6500AA0A.jpeg
    271.2 KB · Views: 128
  • BA73A369-9D67-4FC7-935F-627635833FB0.jpeg
    BA73A369-9D67-4FC7-935F-627635833FB0.jpeg
    70.5 KB · Views: 122

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Haven’t had the feeling of breaking it yet. Very sturdy and keeps the coffee warm, well I haven’t really let it sit for that long with actual coffee in it.
BRC tastes much better than this ytown boost coffee she had picked up. But I feel obligated too finish it off before I switch over.
Haven’t had any coffee grounds yet either, which kind of surprised me too a certain extent.
Coffee is much smoother and a lot less bitter than from the coffee maker we have. No creamer needed and two cups is the limit as of now. Well at least with this boost coffee she got. Wires me out and I haven’t had that happen in like forever.
The BRC I used 8 tbsp and it worked well. This boost stuff I can probably get away with 5-6 tbsp.

Nice J, enjoy! I was thinking single cup, glass beaker style. This looks plenty robust lol.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I bought a grinder and a few whole bean versions to try for my "weekend" coffee. Thinking about adding a pour over maker to the mix. You guys that do this, is it really worth the effort, or is it just a pretentious gimmick?

Hedgelj

Supporting Member
Mohicanish
I bought a grinder and a few whole bean versions to try for my "weekend" coffee. Thinking about adding a pour over maker to the mix. You guys that do this, is it really worth the effort, or is it just a pretentious gimmick?
I don't see much of a difference between a pour over my french press. The largest difference is in the mouth feel (yes I went there) when compared to a paper filter. The paper filters remove a lot more of the oils and it tastes "fuller" in your mouth. If you know what I mean with bourbon, its a similar idea (to me at least) with coffee.

The other advantage to either a pour over or french press is more control over the extraction. You control the grind, the temps and the extraction times which leads to more control over the final flavors and customization to what you prefer.