Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jesse's 2012 Trail Cam Thread...

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
He looks about 145 to 150 depending on his left side, assuming he has a matching G2. Huge sweeping beams too, that's a good one. Shoot him.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
He looks about 145 to 150 depending on his left side, assuming he has a matching G2. Huge sweeping beams too, that's a good one. Shoot him.

Glad to hear you say that since that is about where I was with him. I thought 145 for sure and hoped the other deer would get to 150 given his beams, decent mass, width and brows...

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
We had a deer named Poncho we were hunting a few years ago that is very close to him. He'll go mid to low 140's IMO. Definite shooter! Goodluck with him Jesse!

Huckleberry Finn

Anyone care to toss out a score for Ernest?

I'm flattered. That means I can come down and shoot him, right? Ha! Good luck man - you've got some nice bucks running around down there!

Rutin

Ina Duck Blind
I would call your 6x5 "Spyder" with the pic you have of him and the spyder web in front of the cam. The other buck is def a dandy, I'm thinking low 40's

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Not much to be had on the latest cam check other than a couple of bucks I'll call Frick and Frack. Or maybe Ric and Ron... lmao

I also thought this was a cool video...

[video=youtube;QalvvfHZVfw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QalvvfHZVfw&feature=plcp[/video]

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Not much to be had on the latest cam check other than a couple of bucks I'll call Frick and Frack. Or maybe Ric and Ron... lmao

I also thought this was a cool video...

[video=youtube;QalvvfHZVfw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QalvvfHZVfw&feature=plcp[/video]

rotflmao Jesse! Dang! Neither one of us look worth a damn! I don't know which one to pin Ron on! rotflmao

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I was able to get out to the farm last night and check a few cams so I had an idea of what I wanted to do this weekend. Nothing TOO stellar, but I was reassured to see the does are frequenting the farm this year with acorns and food plots. We have had a severe lack of doe sightings the past two season and it kills are rut, so this could mean good things for the coming weeks! The time is right on these pictures, but the dates are wrong. Not sure why that happened...

It would not be a cam check on our farm without these little bastards being all over the place!!!

I thought this little buck was pretty cool. I hope he sticks around. Figured I'd call him "Kermit" with that frog's foot of an antler he has going...

Here are the girls enjoying the food plot. Those are all does, which is a great thing!!!

The best part of the pull was getting pics of Captain Jack working this edge, and the mock scrape I made on the last cam check. In the first pic he is moving from W to E, then he came back just a few minutes later and hit the scrape. Moon rise was 6:33AM that day and he had a S wind at the time. He left and headed W, which is the general direction he seems to travel to when leaving our farm. I have a solid idea of where he is staying and truly believe I can kill him from the stand I hung to shoot this scrape. In the second pic, he is 22 yards quartered away...

at1010

*Supporting Member*
Jesse I have to say I love the pic of all the does, My farm since I have bought it never has been covered up in does, and finally I am starting to get a few pics like that!

I have to say I love seeing more girls around, I know it doesnt help the "ratio" but I might like seeing a lot of does more then I like seeing young bucks. I know I am weird!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I had to help my dad unload feed tonight, so I slipped back to check the cam tonight. I had to laugh when I saw the buck I passed last night standing in the plot as I was coming down the hill. This is about 200 yards from where he walked under the stand last night.

I also had pics of a new buck that has me a bit perplexed. The first pic is the buck I passed on Sunday for comparison. I believe that deer to be 3.5 and would have been a 135+ deer had he not lost the G3 as his mass is pretty solid and he has good width. After seeing is mass, I would have shot him had that G3 been there. In the second pic, he is standing in the back ground with this new deer. The rest are this new 8. One angle peaks my interest, the other not so much. If he was dark chocolate, it would make him tempting. I'm not even sure he meets me age requirements. Thoughts?