Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Jesse's 2016 Hunting Adventures

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Baby is due March 9. That's her sister and my best friend's birthday. Be a cool coincidence. We should find out October 14 what we are having.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I've been thinking long and hard about tomorrow mornings hunt. I have 3 bucks on camera where I'll be that I'd never have thought about shooting a few years ago. One is a spindly pitch fork 8. The the other a short tined, wide 8. And the third is a short tined, wide 10. I think the pitch fork 8 and 10 are 3 year olds. With all I have on my plate personally and professionally right now, in combo with my trip to Missouri and a strong desire to duck hunt in November, I am already prepared to be less picky this year. Combine that with my wife and 3.5 year old daughter in the blind with me and I may very well shoot a 115" buck on opening day and be proud as fugg of it...

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
I've been thinking long and hard about tomorrow mornings hunt. I have 3 bucks on camera where I'll be that I'd never have thought about shooting a few years ago. One is a spindly pitch fork 8. The the other a short tined, wide 8. And the third is a short tined, wide 10. I think the pitch fork 8 and 10 are 3 year olds. With all I have on my plate personally and professionally right now, in combo with my trip to Missouri and a strong desire to duck hunt in November, I am already prepared to be less picky this year. Combine that with my wife and 3.5 year old daughter in the blind with me and I may very well shoot a 115" buck on opening day and be proud as fugg of it...

Get it done buddy! That would make for a hell of a story, and a memory that would last a lifetime, as well as a lasting impression K! I'm rooting for ya buddy!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
My hunting seasons got a new flavor: Adventure and memories. I'm over the big buck bullshit. I tried it; it's not my game. There's more to this hunting thing than being obsessed with something I have zero control for, and honestly, no real talent over. It was a phase that taught me a lot, but the end lesson is its time to move on and refocus. I still like to see big bucks and will exercise dome restraint here and there, but the kind of buck that will make me happy now includes whatever buck makes for the best memory. And the last time I checked, memories are not measured in inches...

Last edited:

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Ain't nothing wrong with that, brother. As long as your happy, that's all that counts. Miss K isn't going to know the difference between a 115" and a 160", they will all be big deers to her! I'm sure you'll be videoing it also, which will make for a lifetime of memories!

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
No shame in that. Sounds like you just have shifted priorities a little. Nothing wrong with that. I hope to see the IKS thread first thing in the morning. Good luck. I bet that you will have a blast no matter what.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Do what makes you happy. You not having the talent for taking big deer is debatable. Remember Lady Luck has a lot to do with any type of hunting.
X2 Dick. Like I told you before, Jesse. Every buck you've killed has been over 5 years old, that's a damn trophy!