Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

K&K Vengeance is done!!!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I have designed and licensed compound bow designs to numerous companies for 27 years.

I Co founded Bowtech in 1999, sold my part out in 2005, left in Nov 2005.

Designed bows for Elite under a consultant agreement from 2006-2009.

Allowed my name to be used(HUGE mistake) for Strother Archery, and after signing a 2 year extension of my design contract in June 2010, SA breached the contract in Oct 2010 we parted ways!!!

My wife Kate and I are making a limited production of 1500 total bows with 2 models for 2011.

When my design contracts expire I don't just keep designing for free. I have never been an employee of a archery company except after I sold out my part of Bowtech and that was only for a few months.

That is the real story.

Look a Kevin popping in. Now hopefully that is really him. Either way thanks for the info.

Beentown

Been.. It is..

Kevin.. Thanks for the info. As always a sharp looking bow. After shooting Brocks Strother bow i can attest to your designs. A top notch bow IMO and i would expect this one to be even better. Thanks for stopping in and clarifying some things. Are these still good specs and prices on the bows?

Vengeance
33” ATA
7” BH
334-342 IBO with smooth mods
339-347 IBO with speed mods (both rated at 30in draw)
MSRP $ 769.00 (1000 will be produced)

Vindicator
35” ATA
7 1/8” BH
332-340 with smooth mods
337-345 with speed mods (both rated at 30in draw)
MSRP $ 789.00 (500 will be produced)

CdBurner

Thanks Kevin. I was hoping you would address the question on the cable slide but the previous business thing was fine. I appreciate it.

Milo

Tatonka guide.
Brocks infinity was as sweet a bow as I have ever shot. of course i have not shot them all but man that thing was SUPER smooth and fast as all get out. Quiet too. I would order one but my falls my be preoccupied with another venture....Kevin thanks for stopping in...What the hell happened on AT? I was catching up after seeing this thread and the shit hit the fan i see....

CdBurner

Been.. It is..

Kevin.. Thanks for the info. As always a sharp looking bow. After shooting Brocks Strother bow i can attest to your designs. A top notch bow IMO and i would expect this one to be even better. Thanks for stopping in and clarifying some things. Are these still good specs and prices on the bows?

Vengeance
33” ATA
7” BH
MSRP $ 769.00 (1000 will be produced)

Vindicator
35” ATA
7 1/8” BH
332-340 with smooth mods
MSRP $ 789.00 (500 will be produced)

Beentown, that was Kevin Strother. I will bet my vengeance on that.

Jack, I think your info is correct accept the BH is 7 1/4 on the vindicator. I'm pretty sure that a good many (most but not all) are spoken for.

CdBurner

Good looking bows! Like milo, I too wish they'd get away from cable slides. I don't understand why they spend so much on R&D to trick these things out with new technology, only to resort to ancient shit for the cables. ???

This is what I was talking about.

Diablo54

Outside
Are you talking about the cable slide? On the rod that is attached to the back of your riser, it has a tephlon (sp?) slide on it that is attached to the cables.

My risor has nothing on it at all except for a shelf:smiley_baby:

I was just messin with thunderflight

poppiewellie

Just found a YouTube clip with Kevin shooting different bows in comparison of his almost finished Vengeance, according to the clip, this is shot at Spokane Valley, Washington.

[video=youtube;8vwL6nEFN_0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vwL6nEFN_0&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Here are more spec for the bows

Vengeance
33” ATA
7” BH
DL 24-30"
DW 50-60-70-80-90-100lb

Vindicator
35” ATA
7 1/8” BH
DL 25-32"
DW 50-60-70-80
332-340 with smooth mods

Both bows have hybrid cams systems with static yoke, for easy tuning.
Like CDBurner mentioned, the cable rod is bent towards the end to reduce "angled cable slide",
50-84% let-off adjustment, so at 70# DW, the holding poundage can be only about 11#.
cams are laser etching-marked for easy timing adjustment,
grip are side plates type,
extra wide shelf space to accommodate drop away rest clearance
Speed or Smooth modules, speed mod gains about extra 5fps
DL, DW, Let-off, and Speed/smooth module can be re-configured without a bowpress.

Last edited:

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
I need to shoot one of these bows...

Good luck finding some place to shoot one. I'd have hours and hours of driving on my hand to shoot one. I wanted to buy a Strothers last year and couldn't find one inside 3-4 hours. Those bows are sweet by all accounts, but I can't imagine they are worth a 4 hours drive at $3 a gallon when I can drive 15 minutes and shoot Mathews/Hoyt/PSE/Bowtech/Bear and drive 2 hours to shoot Elite.

CdBurner

SH Archery in PA will have them. He is about 60miles due east of Youngstown and is one of the top bow tuners in the country.

Chicora PA to be exact

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
SH Archery in PA will have them. He is about 60miles due east of Youngstown and is one of the top bow tuners in the country.

Chicora PA to be exact

Ah, good. Only a 4 hours drive to the closest dealer! HA! There ain't a bow out there worth that. I love living in BFE, but at the same time it can suck. Might as well stick with the XT for another few years until I can save up the gas money to drive around the country shooting all these new great bows!

lol

CdBurner

Ah, good. Only a 4 hours drive to the closest dealer! HA! There ain't a bow out there worth that. I love living in BFE, but at the same time it can suck. Might as well stick with the XT for another few years until I can save up the gas money to drive around the country shooting all these new great bows!

lol

That was pretty funny!

rgecko23

*Supporting Member*
Massillon, Ohio

lol

No doubt, Only way I will probably get to shoot one is if I need to make a field trip to a substation around there (PA) and swing by onmy through or home...
I amn ot in the market anytime soon anyway. I like my GT500 too much to get rid of it just yet.

KevinStrother

We are setting up a max of 10 dealers, we are selling direct to the consumer mostly. We offer to set the bow up with your rest, install a loop and tune the bow with your arrows for $15.00.

I want the bows to be correct when the consumer takes the bow out of the box. That is why we are only setting up dealers who have tuning knowledge and can set the bow up proper for their customer.

We are selling a limited number, 1500 total.

The dealers will have a demo bow for anyone that can get by to try them out.

The bows come with rotating mods so fitting your DL is a breeze.

The video was made for my own curiosity, to compare bows from 3 of the top 4 bow companies to our Vengeance as to the DFC, roll over into the valley, vibration, kick, whether the DL's run true and the speeds.

The comments are JMO, nothing more, great bows in the market and the consumer has numerous choices.

Don't forget to subscribe to our youtube channel, we are giving away a free bow to one lucky subscriber.

Last edited:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Kevin, I like the Infinity. Nice bow. However, I gotta ask, who the hell is gonna send me parts when it breaks? What is the point in starting a new company every other year? Do you really just lend youre expertise to companies for a time, design a few lines and move on? Seems like a pile of BS to me... I would NEVER put my name on a bow line that I didn't OWN, which btw, it was my understanding that you did own Strother, along with Brian. I was never that tightly in that loop, that's just the impression I was given. So anyway, I'm just curious, why all the bouncing around? Wouldn't life be much easier if you would just stay put and design,build,and sell bows instead of putting yourself in a position to "set the record straight" every couple of years? You design good bows, but I personally won't buy one...not until I see your latest and greatest company is going to be in business long enough to supply replacement parts!

KevinStrother

Kevin, I like the Infinity. Nice bow. However, I gotta ask, who the hell is gonna send me parts when it breaks? What is the point in starting a new company every other year? Do you really just lend youre expertise to companies for a time, design a few lines and move on? Seems like a pile of BS to me... I would NEVER put my name on a bow line that I didn't OWN, which btw, it was my understanding that you did own Strother, along with Brian. I was never that tightly in that loop, that's just the impression I was given. So anyway, I'm just curious, why all the bouncing around? Wouldn't life be much easier if you would just stay put and design,build,and sell bows instead of putting yourself in a position to "set the record straight" every couple of years? You design good bows, but I personally won't buy one...not until I see your latest and greatest company is going to be in business long enough to supply replacement parts!

Your "understanding" of who owned SA is completely wrong. I never owned any of SA, look it up on the Michigan Secretary of State business names.

If you need parts contact SA, I had a design contract that's all. Signed a 2 year extension on June 7, 2010 SA breached that contract in Oct, they stopped paying me, so I don't know about you but I don't keep designing/working for free.

I have only been an employee of Bowtech and that was after John and I sold Majority share of the company.

The only company I started was BowTech, I just have design contracts, if you don't understand that well, don't know what to tell you.

Ever see a football player stay with a team after their contract expires????

And I wouldn't have to "set the record straight" if people didn't start internet rumors with no idea of what they are talking about!

If you would like proof of my statement give me your email address, I'll send it to you.