Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Kid squirrel gun for Christmas......?

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio
I have no regrets starting out with single shot 22's and shotguns. Gramp taught us to make a shot count...
Even today I am tempted ( and sometimes) to spew a semi auto " like on TV"

Reactions: 5Cent

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
One thing I will say about the Rossi 4/10 -22

Kids love the 22part.. Yet the 4/10 carries one heck of a boot to it for a kid. So much so I’ve saw a few kids say heck no after one time of shooting it. Honestly I couldn’t blame them.
My buddy's boy shot the 410 once...handed it back to his Dad and said you can just take that back where you got it! :ROFLMAO: Must have a bit of a kick to it....

Isaacorps

Columbus
Look at a Marlin M60 tube fed .22. Nice and light and largely problem free. It’s a joy to shoot and hunt/plink with. Only drawback I could see for a younger shooter would be that it’s semi auto but with proper instruction would be a positive. It can be passed down from kid to kid and kept in the family indefinitely. It’s still one of my favorite guns

Reactions: Bowkills

Big Weff

Athens
My first gun was the rossi 22/410 combo. Awesome little gun, never shot the 410 as I had and still have a new England single shot that I took for squirl and such. The rossi was also really nice for a beginner just in its simplicity. Disassembly into 3 pieces for an easy clean.

Bowkills

Nw oh
image.jpeg
Got the cricket
image.jpeg