Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Kids Fishing Pics

badger

*Supporting Member*
Gern's pond thread got me thinking that we all have pics of our children fishing. How about we share them here. I love seeing the smile on a kids face after fighting a fish.

Here's a few of my daughter at an early age and my son. Sure does bring back some memories!

Britney

My daughter and her friend Katie

Zach

Zach and Katie

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Those are great pictures Dale! Might need to dig some out. Garrett had his pole and tackle box out and tried the neighbor's pond last night. He will be 7 at the end of May. I was cutting some firewood behind the barn and he asked if he could go say "Hi". I told him to go ahead. He just grabbed his gear and started fishing while I was finishing up. I was proud of his initiative. Not sure he caught anything, but I have to give him an A for effort!

I should add, I did know my neighbor lady was out tending her grill and watching her boys at the same time. I didn't just let him go hang out by the pond unattended.

Huckleberry Finn

This might be the only fishing picture I have. Went walleye fishing with my dad and a family friend. We caught 11 that day I think? This would have been 5 or 6 years ago - when I was a kid!
walleye.jpg

Huckleberry Finn

My eating catfish. I think I've told this before, but maybe not. It's a one and done story.

When I was at high school, I volunteered as a counselor at a camp on the lake. Another guy and I were teaching a snorkeling class, which, you can't snorkel in Erie! Anyways, there was a huge catfish hanging around. The other guy caught it in the water in a bucket and I went for a pitchfork...the only thing I could find. We speared it. We took all of our campers to some guy that lived in the camp and he nailed it to a tree and showed all the kids how to filet a fish. We took it to the camp chief and he breaded and fried it up for us. I will never forget that first (and only) bite. Tasted exactly like Lake Erie water. The grossest, nastiest thing I have ever tasted! But we put on a good face and taught some kids that if you catch it, kill it, skin it, and cook it, you eat it too!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Here are some of the first ones I dug up. I am sure we have more but the weather is beautiful and I need to get outside. Erin has worked the last three nights. She has tonight off and works the next three. I need to spend time as a family. I think the 2 four wheelers are coming out of the barn for a family four wheeler ride tonight. I think I am going to cut down the tree my buck was rubbing on when I killed him this year as part of my mount display.

As you can see, the fishing pictures are from 2008. Garrett is pretty much the same when fishing today. Difference is it used to be 2minutes and he was bored and now it is 5 minutes. lol Enjoy the pictures of the kids having fun and Daddy working.

Attachments

• DSCN0651 Garret and Daddy.jpg
    DSCN0651 Garret and Daddy.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 221
  • DSCN0664 Garrett Daddy and the catch.jpg
    DSCN0664 Garrett Daddy and the catch.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 231
  • DSCN0649 Garrett playing in water.jpg
    DSCN0649 Garrett playing in water.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 195
  • DSCN0661 Graci catch of the day.jpg
    DSCN0661 Graci catch of the day.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 210
  • DSCN0650 Garrett making faces.jpg
    DSCN0650 Garrett making faces.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
My eating catfish. I think I've told this before, but maybe not. It's a one and done story.

When I was at high school, I volunteered as a counselor at a camp on the lake. Another guy and I were teaching a snorkeling class, which, you can't snorkel in Erie! Anyways, there was a huge catfish hanging around. The other guy caught it in the water in a bucket and I went for a pitchfork...the only thing I could find. We speared it. We took all of our campers to some guy that lived in the camp and he nailed it to a tree and showed all the kids how to filet a fish. We took it to the camp chief and he breaded and fried it up for us. I will never forget that first (and only) bite. Tasted exactly like Lake Erie water. The grossest, nastiest thing I have ever tasted! But we put on a good face and taught some kids that if you catch it, kill it, skin it, and cook it, you eat it too!

buelah beach i take it , then the chef didnt make it right , ill have to bring you some of my catfish bites

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
FYI, you are still a kid!!! :smiley_blackeye:

The night of Flutemans bachelor party, we caught a small cat out of the Ohio at our river lot, cleaned it on the dock, stabbed the filets on some sticks, and got them toasty over the fire all Survivor man style. Actually wasn't all that bad and I'm still alive. But it was hard to find any takers on a sample!!!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
Couple more...

I had to do some digging for this one, but this is my son's first fish

Just another funny picture that I like...