Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lack of people willing to work

Bigcountry40

Not sure about that bud. My daughter works 3 to 4 hours per night. After school. After track practice. 5 days a week.
It’s all based on students age and students are supposed to have a work permit, if the company works the student past the legal time and she/he gets into a wreck and dies, osha and lawyers are coming after that business. Even if the child is home school or taking virtual learning classes I believe it still applies, maybe not home school that was grey area

Last edited:

Bigcountry40

Yep. Same with my son. Saturdays he works open to close. Generally a 12hr day on average. Maybe not supposed to legally? But he does it. Lol
How old is your son? When I was safety coordinator for a year, I had all minors flagged on our ADP system and made sure they didn’t work over 8, to much liability for our company that I worked for, not saying agree with the laws and lawyers, but that’s the red tape that’s been created

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
How old is your son? When I was safety coordinator for a year, I had all minors flagged on our ADP system and made sure they didn’t work over 8, to much liability for our company that I worked for, not saying agree with the laws and lawyers, but that’s the red tape that’s been created
17 until the end of May. Been working there since he could drive. Our daughter worked there prior to him. Same thing for her. Not 5 nights a week during school week. Usually 1 or 2. Sometimes 3. Their Saturdays are long though.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
My son's buddies work at Five Guys for $14. Daughter was over $14 to be a Lowes cashier last year. Seems they are lucky if they can find them for $12. It's insane how much entry level workers are making right now.

Bigcountry40

My son's buddies work at Five Guys for $14. Daughter was over $14 to be a Lowes cashier last year. Seems they are lucky if they can find them for $12. It's insane how much entry level workers are making right now.
I remember tree trimming and roofing houses in my mid twenties for $12, when I tell students about the job market in 08, they look at me like I’m insane

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Our McDonald's had 4 staff for the evening rush yesterday. The BP station at 61 & 71 use to be open 24hrs and now they are closed in the evenings. Stopped on my way to work the other day at 5am and the lady was just getting things ready to open at 6am. I've been past there a few weeks ago and the entire staff had up and disappeared. It was closed for a couple weeks for lack of staff. It's just crazy the lack of staff across the board. We are working short at work for full time employees and temps are even harder to find let alone work an entire shift. Most temps work a couple hours and take off.

Bigcountry40

If I became govern tomorrow first thing I would do is outlaw staffing agencies, they get some of the blame for treating people trying to work so shitty in 08 till about 2016. Some people had to work as temps for 2 plus years to become real employees

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
If I became govern tomorrow first thing I would do is outlaw staffing agencies, they get some of the blame for treating people trying to work so shitty in 08 till about 2016. Some people had to work as temps for 2 plus years to become real employees
Pshhhhh…. Should of been around late 70’s early 80’s 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: Sgt Fury