Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lake Erie Bite

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
It's in the works Dave, gotta build a place to park her first. Wife gave me the go ahead, but I''m not about to park a new boat outside. I have several barns I can use that aren't mine, but I'm not going to be "that guy".

Reactions: Sgt Fury

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Everyone’s tolerance too Erie is different. You’d be amazed at the # of boaters who shy away from Erie because of perceived danger of its waves. Don’t get me wrong I respect that lake and the carnage it can bring, but I know my limitations and don’t over extend them.

Reactions: Big H

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I was hoping to run up Sunday but I’m leaning towards putting it off till another time. No reason to make a trip with horrible weather forecast.

Reactions: giles

OO2

In the Uplands
Well we decided to end our trip early due to the weather tonight and tomorrow up there.

Only had one full day of fishing but we made the most of what we could. Was tough to find a spot out of the wind for the kayaks but we managed to find about 100 yards of coast that we were able to drift down multiple times and pull some decent smallmouth off of. Mainly used crank baits to go after them. Had a tough time with the ned rig on the coast due to drift speed (thanks wind). Last drift of the day before we got wet I had my biggest of the day on and it spit the hook on his second or third arial performance. That was a bummer but still had a good time.

Hopefully will be able to do it again when weather is better.

09C6234D-92D5-4D83-B006-E940D27B85AF.jpeg
E19350A0-7542-4A39-9953-23B3B01EC4E9.jpeg
DC30B70A-E6A0-4587-A4FE-93654FC4F4F6.jpeg

Big H

Medina
The lake was flat. We put 20 in the box, would have easily limited if my rookie BIL from California would have listened and not kept pulling TOO hard right when I was getting ready to net them. Kristi and I took my dad (78) and BIL. We were at the ramp about 6:30 and put the boat back on the trailer at 9:30. Fun night.