Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Lake Erie Bite

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Had that same reaction at a gas station in Mooresville NC yesterday 😂
58AC5EF0-FDF3-4CB5-A183-022CF08D0119.jpeg

OhioWhiteTails

Supporting Member
Flatlands
Got em again yesterday, same program. Hot with no wind, I'm glad we didn't do evening trips. Black flies ate part of my ankles. No mayflies, though. Most the stomaches we opened were empty, I did find a piece of bark in one though.

Reactions: brock ratcliff

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Chad gave me a great starting point for perch today. There seems to be quite a few there according to my graph. My buddy, Jon is up from Tennessee to fish with me and Mason so once he arrived we headed back to the same area to search for walleye. We found our limits but never did try to catch the perch that appear to be there as well. Once again, thank you Chad! This part of the lake is all new to me and I’d be completely lost without Chads insight!
Here is a pic of Jon with his first walleye ever. At the time it was a little bumpy out there. Lol. He may not quite have his Erie legs yet.
96EA4554-EBC3-472C-9815-522D3A61BDBE.jpeg
94F9CED8-1EA0-429E-B272-087E9AF9E62F.jpeg

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Godd stuff Brock and Chad. I need a pair of the fish grippers. Maybe I could actually convince the kids to handle the fish when i take them and save myself some puss filled cuts and nicks
I started using them a couple years ago. To me they were an investment- hopefully saving me from digging hooks out of my hand. They make handling fish much easier.

Reactions: finelyshedded

OO2

In the Uplands
Has anyone heard how the walleye bite out of port Clinton is in the western basin? Would be doing head boat worm harness casting / Erie derie probably due to limited number.