Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Life in the ‘70’s and ‘80’s

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Remember TV guide? Couldn’t wait to get that sucker so I could see what was on that next week.(all 3 networks!!!😂🤣)
Charlie’s Angels
Cheers
Magnum PI
Miami Vice
Hillstreet Blues
MASH
Fantasy Island
Loveboat
Kojak
Baretta
Columbo
Hawaii 5-O
Emergency
20 other cop dramas

BTW, anyone else have any Farah Fawcett posters hanging in their crib?😎

Yup, and the Dallas cowboy cheerleaders poster TOO.

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
Remember TV guide? Couldn’t wait to get that sucker so I could see what was on that next week.(all 3 networks!!!😂🤣)
Charlie’s Angels
Cheers
Magnum PI
Miami Vice
Hillstreet Blues
MASH
Fantasy Island
Loveboat
Kojak
Baretta
Columbo
Hawaii 5-O
Emergency
20 other cop dramas

BTW, anyone else have any Farah Fawcett posters hanging in their crib?😎

4ACE0A60-A697-4666-AC6D-849B9F00F8F1.jpeg
5C5204A6-794F-4E9D-81ED-B1E9E8C53368.jpeg

These......

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Yeah I just remembered I got it in the 90s lol my bad.

Heck no brother. You know I was just teasing. I stand corrected. My apologies. Had no clue it was from the 70s.

Now MJ? Hmmm. . . .He may have been in the late 80's. Clearly dominated the 90's though. I'll bet there is a bunch from the early 90's I am thinking was in the 80s. lol

Reactions: MoonLab

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
When we went to our grandparents they had a “toybox” filled with the simplest/plain toys but they all got played with. The Cadillac of the heap was one of these! This isn’t the same exact make and model but very similar. It was amazing how every shot went in the small basket.

Not sure this game came around but as kids we played his for hours at my grandparents home....
61EB310C-198A-4360-A8B6-54D80C308D9A.jpeg

Fletch

Supporting Member
And let's not forget about the bra-less era of the 70's.... 90 % of the women were out and about bra-less wearing halter top's.... According to some this lead to Cooper's Droop....

Big H

Medina
When we went to our grandparents they had a “toybox” filled with the simplest/plain toys but they all got played with. The Cadillac of the heap was one of these! This isn’t the same exact make and model but very similar. It was amazing how every shot went in the small basket.

I think I still have the basketball game in my parents attic....

Riverdude

The Happy Hunting Grounds Beyond
Supporting Member
Ashtabula, Ohio
Here in Ashtabula we had a Flying Saucer Gas N Go gas station, it was well known through out the states so I am told. It has since been torn down.

888.jpg

Reactions: Sgt Fury

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I think I still have the basketball game in my parents attic....
Cool, we also had the football game field that vibrated the players to move. It sucked ass watching your running back going backwards or sideways. Lol
We also had a hockey game set that you operated the players by using long or short rods underneath the table and the puck was a small marble sized ball bearing surrounded loosely by a thick plastic ring. That game kept us entertained for hours.👍🏻
I think I still have it.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I’d have to admit but my favorite toys of all time and Ron could prolly vouch for that would be our Hot Wheels,tracks,ramps,loops and electric racetrack. You know the one, the groove with two thin metal wires with one on each side. We always wanted the super big track but I guess due to size and cost we had the small irregular figure 8 with bridge but he were happy as heck to have that one. I can still smell the oil underneath those cars getting hot. 😎👍🏻