Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Life in the ‘70’s and ‘80’s

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
61571363-FB3C-435B-A841-B04D7E62496D.jpeg

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
GOODS ONE!

That photograph definitely depicts the time frame of when I was driving my 72 mint conditon Plymouth Satellite.

A real gas guzzler.

AVERAGE HISTORICAL ANNUAL GASOLINE PUMP PRICE, 1929-2015
View attachment 82557

I remember in the late 70’s early 80’s when my friends and I would scrounge up change for gas money. Four or five of us would get in a friends car and cruise around town all night. Gas was around 75 cents a gallon. Everyone would chip in. We’d also chip in and get the cheapest beer we could find so we could have a lot of it. I think Ortleibs (spelling?) was the worst tasting one...but after about two or three beers, they started tasting good.

Wildlife

Denny
Supporting Member
Ross County, Ohio
I remember in the late 70’s early 80’s when my friends and I would scrounge up change for gas money. Four or five of us would get in a friends car and cruise around town all night. Gas was around 75 cents a gallon. Everyone would chip in. We’d also chip in and get the cheapest beer we could find so we could have a lot of it. I think Ortleibs (spelling?) was the worst tasting one...but after about two or three beers, they started tasting good.

Yup!

Did the same.

download.png

Cheapest cases of beer and then hit all parties around town just about every night.

Awh,,, those good old days :LOL:

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
In high school every weekend was a party at someone’s house. Was always a few kegs involved and most times some jungle juice in the cleaned tub. Jungle juice was any alcohol available mixed with koolaid and water. Everyone who showed up had to donate 5$ or get the F out.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
GOOD ONE!

That photograph definitely depicts the time frame of when I was driving my 72 mint conditon Plymouth Satellite.

A real gas guzzler.

AVERAGE HISTORICAL ANNUAL GASOLINE PUMP PRICE, 1929-2015
View attachment 82557

I can remember my dad say if ever the gas went up to a dollar, he didn’t know what we would do. Full service gas stations were everywhere and usually had gas wars between gas stations across from each other. Penny wars.