Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from Louisiana

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.

The boys and friends are heading to red creek. It’s a mud 4 wheeling park. Should be about 17 friends going.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
We are fine. Up in north Louisiana where my camp and property is, is what I’m concerned with. Waiting for a report. Our weather here is coming in in a few hours.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
That sucks. Bright side would be habitat.

What habitat? My property is 19 year old crp. Which is planted back in native trees. After it was planted there was a 2 year drought and a lot of trees didn’t make it. Basically the property is almost a natural regrowth after a clean clear cut. So it’s just a giant thicket with diverse habitat.

I’m good with it as a hunting investment because the way they plant the trees it’s no different than a pine tree plantation. At some point the floor would be wide open and wouldn’t support any cover.

My main concern right now is my six towers that are elevated at 10’ and 16’. One ladder stand and two lock on stands.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
When are you going to check out your property? Hope it didn’t damage the stands but improved the habitat.

Bout the only thing that could’ve happened is blown/busted up stands. The habitat is basically a thicket from an old cutover I have 3 new towers I’m concerned about. The other 3, 2 of which were still useable are on there way to being changed for the sportsman condos.

Pics are from a front/storm that came in during last years hunting season.

Reactions: Sgt Fury