Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from Louisiana

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Also today I went to academy to get remotes for my robo ducks to be able to turn them off when the ducks start coming in to keep from flaring them. Also bought two higdon pulsator feeding decoys, they look legit and will help me when it’s a calm day at the property slough. Can’t wait till hunting season.

Bought a case of dove loads as we all are making a trip to Alabama to dove hunt and camp that night. We going September 8th.

This weekend we headed back to Destin Florida Thursday thru Monday. I’m coming back Sunday as I have to work the holiday.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Hope you get some good weather before the shit hits the fan.[emoji1303]

Enjoy the getaway[emoji1303]

We should be good. I will roll out Sunday as I have to work Monday. The rest will come home Monday. Depending on what the storm is doing they may roll out w me. Weather is beautiful here, but could be the calm before the storm. Anyway this ain’t our first rodeo as I basically lived all my life on the gulf of Louisiana.

After working up an appetite, we hit Kenny D’s. Didn’t look like much, kind of like a hole in the wall. Ordered an app of mahi mahi fried fingers with some lemon and cocktail sauce. The wife ordered a 12oz ribeye w spicy potatoes, green bean and 6 grilled skrimps. I ordered fried grouper on a bed of rice smothered with crawfish ettouffee w green beans. Supposed to be a Louisiana based style food and I must say it didn’t disappoint. We back at the condo, all quite as friends will be arriving around 12 tonight. My boys will head up in the morning. We will hit the beach tomorrow and go to AJ’s for the band and beverages for the late evening. Saturday will be crab island as my buddy is towing his boat tonight. My youngest said he’s bringing his boat and will probably harass some fish while he is here. It’s a 16’ duck boat so will most likely fish the back bay, bridges and jetty if it’s legal. Anyway I will update each day.

Oh getting in the elevator two young ladies got in. I asked where they were from, they said Ohio.... imagine that lol.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.

Did I tell you how much I love sand and son? Paying it forward.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Had a great time in Destin. We spent two days on crab island and in the harbor in the evenings.

First day we putting out. Popoh every where. We get stopped for a safety check. It’s two coasties w a Sheriff officer in his boat. I’m wearing my Dept T-shirt. Well the normal check is going on and we all good. One of the CG is filling out paperwork so if we get stopped again, just show the paperwork and they will just wave. In the mist of all this, somehow the CG loses my buddy’s drivers license. Now you can’t get in anywhere without you DL. They are in a panic and I asked if he was a rookie. Partner says “FNG”. I begin to bust his balls. Another CG boat with chief officers find the DL floating down the bay and trying to fish it out. I say “how the hell you gonna catch drug dealers when they can’t even get the DL out the water”? They are extremely apologetic and I keep rubbing it in lol. I told the sheriff to write the FNG a ticket for littering. They all lol except for the FNG. second day I seen them in the boat about a 100 yards out and I’m screaming you want to see my DL? Two of them are lol and the FNG just looks down.

Here is a couple pics.

At Margaritaville
my boys
group shot, yeah I was lit.

Last edited:

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
We here is Sardis, Alabama right on the bama River. It’s hot as balls and will go out around 2:30. Not enough service to upload pics.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Ok here goes, I’m tired so this won’t be long winded. Left for Sardis, Alabama. Get there to meet my buddy and other group. He says I’m at the post office. I tell him there ain’t no post office. Come to find out bama has 3 towns name Sardis... backwards ass mofos. I was 1:15 out.

Get to camp and there is 45-60 people. We get let out on fields and it’s Africa hot. Wind chill like 110. We are on the shaded part of the field and pearl is overheating. Momma taking care of her as she brought a battery powered fan that also has a mister.

Not a ton of birds flying but a few. I manage to kill 3 and lost one. 1 fell on edge of field and pearl went to pick it up but it barely flew into woods. I sent her back then called her back and ran into a barbed wire fence. Could’ve been worse but we were lucky.

Hunter killed two and shot one that landed 10 yards from him. He waited to go get it, tail was pointing strait up and as he approached it, it flew away in my direction w no shot as it entered the woods. DJ did much better killing 7 and killed a double with one shot on two birds.

The six others killed 42 collectively.

I had to put Pearl in the truck in the ac to cool her down while we hunted. She slept all night and today and is sleeping now.

I got home at 3:30 and reported to work at 6pm to finish my shift.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Time to kick this moths off! Going to work Tuesday but don’t get off till Wednesday morning. Got the boat and gear loaded up and will take it to work. Get my relief to come in early and make a teal hunt with some co workers. I’m excited as all get out even though the numbers are down. Will report back when I get going.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well shit, time to refocus, new plan after today’s trip. After hunting the morning we drove the boat about ten miles and looked at my buddy’s lease .... he was w me this morning. Seen about 10 teal on his place. We then went across the pass and rode the wma. No teal there either, just a bunch of wood ducks. Came home all bummed out.

Made some calls and we going to the camp for the weekend. Got lots too do. Gonna get some limestone 6/10 base and spread it at the camp. We have a bobcat w a forestry cutter on the front and will cut my lanes and clean some crap. Have one stand on the ground to replace the double that didn’t make it through last season. Pole saw trimming the lanes.... 1 mile worth. Gonna top seed 50# of ladino clover. Build the platform for my duck blind... finally building one. 16x4. Oh put up a new ladder on a big rub line that we never hunted. Drink some beer by the fire and grill.

Got my boys and their friend going also so we should be able to finish this weekend.

Reactions: Sgt Fury and giles