Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from Louisiana

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.

Reactions: MoonLab

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Got half cut today. New 20’ ladder stand put together and put up where I have a line of 6” trees rubbed every year.
Stuck the skid steer also. Got the duck blind structure built. Tomorrow will finish cutting and move the tower stand. Two deer seen and beans have been cut and silage is growing in the field. Pond is duck potato, I had hunter run some down so a hole is started.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well got everything done except top seeding clover. Held off cause it’s read dry w no rain in sight.

Buddy did manage to find my pirogue after I pointed to him telling him it was there and not cut lol. It was old and paper thin. It’s been at the camp since we brought it up in the early 90’s. No lose but he felt bad.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Damn, I'd be exhausted swimming out that far too!

She was. Getting through the heavy grass ain’t easy. Also I sent her on a 100 yard retrieve in the marsh on a teal we couldn’t find. She worked it for 20 minutes. Then I brought her to the pond where I video her fetching the duck. That was the second duck that you seen, she did one or two before that one. Gonna sleep good tonight. We might hit them up Friday as I’m working a double shift for the weekend.

This hunt got my blood pumping.