Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Live from Louisiana

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Lol y’all got jokes. We going in a little while. Driving 16 hours straight, getting here at midnight and throwing all the packed gear in the room. Now I have to get my shit together and load up to get to the CA, Scout and hang a set.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
In the stand and have service. Put a buddy in a tree and walked off to find my own. As he was about to pull up his string gun, a 20” 10 pt got under him. Managed to get it up and cock it but no shot. Just my luck. I told him I can put him on a buck so tag out so I could hunt the tree.
. I’m on the ridge where it’s thick and heavy trails in the snow are fresh. Just a matter of time and execution. Did I mention it’s cold and gust up to 25 today?

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Only seen a 2.5 yr old 8 pt. My buddy that I put in a tree had the show. Had 2 shooters on him and bunch of does. He shot a doe, and wanted to look for it. I told him it will freeze in the woods just like in my truck.... we will look in the morning. Anyway tomorrow is another day and should be a little warmer. WS cold as a witches tit in a steel bra today.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Gutting frozen deer sucks!

Better than gutting w frozen hands at night and no where to clean your hands. Snow is fluffy and blood hitting it will melt quickly and disappear. He claimed it went the same trail I walked away from him and I didn’t see blood. Will look after the hunt and put a new set for the evening.

triple_duece

Ragin Cajun.
Well I just done cleaning Hunter’s damn fish he caught. Still have to process his doe. I’m pissed off but he is working. Last evening he got off the crab boat and went to another side job.

My back hurting from standing and cleaning. Will get on the deer in an hour. Then the wife and I are going to grind some meat and she’s gonna make some deer jerky.